Lithium

Double resolutions in resolution list

Hi guys (and yes, back from the dead),

I was wondering if those with a laptop containing an integrated video chip and a dedicated video card have the same issue as I have.

I have a Lenovo W520 with Intel HD Graphics 3000 and a dedicated card, the NVIDIA Quadro 1000M. Usually, NVIDIA's software makes the distinction in between using the integrated chip or the dedicated card, but it seems that this is not the case. Thus, EM5 lists all available resolutions, creating a long list. I added a screenshot of this phenomena.

Maybe a solution would be to add another drop-down to select which card is to be used and consequently filter the resolutions' drop-down, or add the device's name to the list of resolutions, like "Integrated Chip - 800x600"...

Thanks for reading and I'd love a follow-up reply.

post-62-0-56706300-1424273685_thumb.jpg

Welcome back!

I don't have any "proper" answer, but can you not just try both and see which has the better performance? I can't imagine there's going to be any indicator as to which is which wherever you look.

The other thing you could have a look at if you haven't already, is the nVidia software and whether you can force it to use the dedicated card when playing EM5.

The thing is not that I cannot distillate whether which resolution is of the dedicated card, or of the onboard one, but it's just a tip to include in a patch. I noticed that this site has an official helpdesk function to the game's creators (referring to http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.html/_/news/sixteen-tons-entertainment-introduces-new-commu-r61), so maybe they can pick it up!

And honesty, it actually took me quite a while to figure it out. Especially if you have the plain Windows drivers.

Is there no difference in performance between the two? Maybe it is automatically using the dedicated card then, just the game doesn't realise this... It's certainly something for them to note anyway.

Yeah, he has an account on here, Turk_SeSo. Stan may know different, but it doesn't appear that he's been active on here since last year. I don't know whether any of the feedback / suggestions etc. has actually been seen by the developers.

HAve you tried going into the nvidia control panel and adding em5 and forcing to only use the nvidia video card? I report a similar bug where this poorly made, untest alpha was released would use the intel video card over Perhaps this is similar issue.