starkiller1337

cant add lightbars to vehicles.

hello,

i am trying to add lightbars to the ford police cars models and the dodge durango ssv models for my mod but every time i go into the edit childs and try to put them on the roof of the car the lightbars i have wont attach to the vehicles. is there something im doing wrong? if someone can help me out it would be much appreciated

To move the child vertically, hold ALT key when moving. To rotate, click the right mouse button. Scroll wheel is zoom and to make the child "snap" to the vehicle, tick the "Snap to Objects" box. This should help you get it centered. It wont be exact, but from above it would look sufficient.

If you are using any of cops' lightbars, they have already been centered so it is only a matter of you adjusting its height and position on the roof of desired vehicle.

OPTIONAL:
As a guide, you may draw a line on the exact center of the vehicle. You can do this by modifying the texture provided with the vehicle.

If you want 100% precision with that, you would have to attach the lightbar in Zmodeler2. This is a 3D model editing program that allows you to make/modify EM4 models. There are tutorials on how to do this.