onlinegamesz

Starting em mod

Hey guys,

Right now i'm modding for serveral games (Arma 2/3 Life mods (Roleplay), Men of war assault squad (2) and company of heroes), I like ww2 very much but also police, firefighters and ofcourse medical services since i'm studying as paramedic right now and i would like to become a first responder in the future.

So I was thinking to mod for EM4 too but I think that will be a waste of time since EM5 will release soon which looks much better in graphics and hopefully also more mod friendly, what do you guys think what is wise to do? 

My texturing is excellent, back in the days I also modeled tanks but since a lack of time I stopped with complicate modeling and started to do small things like pistols, grenades etc.

I hope to hear from you guys.

Thanks

When EM4 came out, it took several years for actually good mods to come out. Most of the early mods were just skins. Many people only started modding once several authors who mastered the capabilities and limits of the game released several "pivotal" mods. For EM4, especially on this site, that would be the Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah. A lot of new mods coming out are based from the groundbreaking (at the time) content that was created for that mod.

Once EM5 comes out, I am pretty sure it would take quite a long time for us to begin to grasp the capabilities and limits of it. Perhaps a year or so before a major mod with many changes to the original content would come out. Most seasoned authors of EM4 mods would have to learn everything they know from scratch when upgrading to EM5.

THE BOTTOM LINE:

• EM5 is way better than EM4 in many ways. But it will take a lot of time for modders to fully utilize the EM5 editor.

• EM5 will be released at the end of the month. Learning to mod any game takes much longer than that, so learning how to mod EM4 well is sorta out of the question.

• Starting on modding EM4 is quite easy though due to the vast amount of content available for download here and on other websites.

• But you can choose to learn EM5 when it comes out and mastering it completely. You can then use your experience and knowledge to create an awesome mod that could jump start the EM5 modding scene around the world.

• At the end of the day, it is your call on what you want to do with your time.

Hey guys,

Right now i'm modding for serveral games (Arma 2/3 Life mods (Roleplay), Men of war assault squad (2) and company of heroes), I like ww2 very much but also police, firefighters and ofcourse medical services since i'm studying as paramedic right now and i would like to become a first responder in the future.

So I was thinking to mod for EM4 too but I think that will be a waste of time since EM5 will release soon which looks much better in graphics and hopefully also more mod friendly, what do you guys think what is wise to do? 

My texturing is excellent, back in the days I also modeled tanks but since a lack of time I stopped with complicate modeling and started to do small things like pistols, grenades etc.

I hope to hear from you guys.

Thanks

13 Days left for the release. IMO not wourth it, as you have good skills in skinning you can start em5 mod with some reskins (with moddels that are ingame)