Kingairway

Lafrance Aeriel Unit

Hi guys, with the release of new engines/truck I have tried to create a new Aerial truck by using the old existing rear from the LAmod and deleting the cab via zmodeler and then adding the Cab of the Lafrance Truck to it. This is where the problem starts.

I added the cab as child in editor and it fits perfectly, I am aware this can be done in Zmodeler but at the time is is how I did it.

Started the game up and pulled the ladder forward..

I hit Install

The legs come out.. the truck freezes in place and the legs just come out and go back in and they do this forever.

Anyone know what my issue is????

The animations for the truck have been broken. Set the animation to be "single" in the editor.

I created a new ladder with different cab attached them together in zmodeler the new cab is pretty much same size as old one,

I went into editor and found my aerial ladder and replaced the modelfile with the new one that I have made.

And the list of animations disapperared! do you know how I can get them back or how to create them?

Thanks

The list of anims dissapeared? This is because the new model doesnt have animations for them.

You need to make the animations from scatch unfortunately. You can start here:
http://www.emergency-forum.de/index.php?page=DatabaseItem&id=778

This is an animation builder. It is much easier than the method that Hoppah created using MS Excel Macros.
Includes an english language. You need an account to download.

If you get it right....the results can be fantastic.
http://www.gfycat.com/ObedientMetallicIndochinesetiger

I can confirm that the ladder trucks lose their animations when they are edited in Zmodeler since the animation is embedded in the .v3o file.

You will need to use Ani Builder to recreate it.

Ran into the exact same issue while trying to attach the la mod ladder body to my south county rescue engine cab.

Depending on where the animated parts are in the model file, you can copy the animation lines from the unaltered file (open it in notepad and copy the animation lines out of it).  When you complete alterations such as changing a lightbar or things of that nature that do not affect the animated portion of it, sometimes the animation will preserve and still work in spite of the alterations.  The keys are that the animated portion be at the front of the model file, and that the animation portions are un-moved from their location when altering the model.

If this is the case paste the animation lines you copied from the file prior to altering it back where they came from at the end of the v3o file in notepad, save the file and the animations will work if the animation is ordered correct.

Depending on where the animated parts are in the model file, you can copy the animation lines from the unaltered file (open it in notepad and copy the animation lines out of it).  When you complete alterations such as changing a lightbar or things of that nature that do not affect the animated portion of it, sometimes the animation will preserve and still work in spite of the alterations.  The keys are that the animated portion be at the front of the model file, and that the animation portions are un-moved from their location when altering the model.

If this is the case paste the animation lines you copied from the file prior to altering it back where they came from at the end of the v3o file in notepad, save the file and the animations will work if the animation is ordered correct.

MikeyPI, where are they in the v30 I am extremely interested in trying this method to retain the animations just need to know what I am looking for, thanks ahead of time for your help.

Open the V3O In notepad or a similar program (I use notepad). They are always found at the bottom of the v3o file, you will see something like this:

M, dlk_support_out0, 650A,1,0,0,0,0,-256,572A,2,0,0,0,0,-256,638A,3,0,0,0,256,0,504A,4,0,0,0,0,256,504A,5,0,0,0,0,-256,572A,6,0,0,0,0,-256,638A,7,0,0,0,256,0,558A,8,0,0,0,0,256,504A,9,0,0,0,0,-256,572A,10,0,0,0,0,-256,638A,11,0,0,0,256,0,504A,12,0,0,0,0,256,504A,13,0,0,0,0,-256,572

Copy ALL those lines, the M and A lines, the M is the labeling line (tells the name of the anim/frame nr/speed of anim.

The A lines are the actual data for the animation. If they are similar to the one above in ex A,1/ A,2/ A,3 You can be fairly sure it will still work in spite of modification IF the animated parts were unaltered.  If the A,## is really high it may or may not work (think if a model has 4,000 vertices and the A lines are looking for the 3500-3600 vertices that they were prob got moved around in your alteration, but if they are the beg of the file (A1-A500) or whatever then its a good bet they are still in tact.

Paste them into the edited file, again way at the bottom of the file below this info:

BOX, -300, -71, 20, 311, 75, 159N, 0, 0, 0, 337CBOX, -300.688, -71.799, 20.105, 310.822, 74.931, 159.185

Load the editor the file should have the animation names in it now (as labeled in the M line).