Pottyscotty

Hose Attach Points

I thought you could set where the Hoses get attached to on Vehicles? I know that on some mods they are put in different places on the Vehicle, like the side or the back etc

Oh I thought you meant where the hoses connect to eachother when you streched it out.

If its LA mod it should be in childs - superstructs then find 06 Objects and it should be fire engine hose connections.

Go to the childs editor and then into the superstructs menu. In there, you can position the hose childs, but you must name them appropiately. See the original GTF fire truck for reference.

Oh I thought you meant where the hoses connect to eachother when you streched it out.

If its LA mod it should be in childs - superstructs then find 06 Objects and it should be fire engine hose connections.

Thanks to both of you, I'll try it now :)

Go to the childs editor and then into the superstructs menu. In there, you can position the hose childs, but you must name them appropiately. See the original GTF fire truck for reference.

How must I name them? They are places and I have connector0 and connector1 but both disappear when I start the game :/

Is this done using the LA Mod as a base?

In the default game, the hose childs dont actually appear ingame until a fireman connects to the truck.

To circumvent it, one would have to place nonfunctional but cosmetic connectors on to the truck. Use the regular childs editor for this.

Ah thanks, no I have started from scratch with no base mod. Im not entirely sure how to do what you said, could you explain it in full/step by step?

Ah thanks, no I have started from scratch with no base mod. Im not entirely sure how to do what you said, could you explain it in full/step by step?

1. Create a new object that uses the hose connector model. Put this prototype in the object children folder.
  2. Go to prototype editor, edit children and get the new object. Place this in the desired location on the truck.
  3. Create the hose connector superstructs on the same place the new hose connectors are placed.

1. Create a new object that uses the hose connector model. Put this prototype in the object children folder.
  2. Go to prototype editor, edit children and get the new object. Place this in the desired location on the truck.
  3. Create the hose connector superstructs on the same place the new hose connectors are placed.

Didn't work but thanks anyway, don't worry about it now :) I have put all my stuff so far in a copy of another mod so I have a base to work from