Pottyscotty

Input Data Error - ZMod2

you have to unlock the v3o files... to do this you have to rename the .v3o to a .dds.  Load the editor and unpack the file, then rename it back to a v3o.  Some mods (la mod for example) has the v3os packed from within the editor to shrink them down, an easy way to verify this is indeed the case is to open the .v3o in notepad.. If it isnt written in plain english then it is packed and must be unpacked as stated above.

Edited by MikeyPI
fixed muh boo boo

you have to unlock the v3o files... to do this you have to rename the .v3o to a .dds.  Load the editor and unpack the file, then rename it back to a v3o.  Some mods (la mod for example) has the v3os packed from within the editor to shrink them down, an easy way to verify this is indeed the case is to open the .v3o in notepad.. If it isnt written in plain english then it is packed and must be unpacked as stated above.

Aren't you confusing the unlocking process with the process of unlocking the .dds files? (.dds -> .v3o -> unlock -> change back).

The editor requires files to be in .v3o format to unlock them. Basically just use the unpack file option in the mods menu in the editor, find the file and you're done. For .v3o files, no changing of file types is required.

Unless the others know something I don't! Although I don't feel like I should be correcting Mikey :P

Noper ur correct, I aint had to do it in a looong time, so there ya go he's right.. Unlock the file in the editor and unpack the thing... it will then load in zmod

Well done for fixing the boo boo ;) Thanks for your help too, works perfectly, I unpacked the Fire Hydrant from the editor and it opened in Zmod with no hassle at all.