ENG51INE

Scripting Help- Make it so Unmanned vehicles can not be driven

I am trying to find a way to script this simple concept.  I am creating a new mod based off of Manchester, NH, USA.  In real life, like with many other cities and towns, many stations are staffed with 4 people that crossman an engine and a ladder.

I am looking for a script that will make it so that vehicles can only be moved if they have at least 1 person in them (driver).  I have looked around and have not seen any other scripts like this.  If anyone has any ideas or can offer any assistance, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you.

I am trying to find a way to script this simple concept.  I am creating a new mod based off of Manchester, NH, USA.  In real life, like with many other cities and towns, many stations are staffed with 4 people that crossman an engine and a ladder.

I am looking for a script that will make it so that vehicles can only be moved if they have at least 1 person in them (driver).  I have looked around and have not seen any other scripts like this.  If anyone has any ideas or can offer any assistance, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you.

I think a script like this appears in the Manhattan Mod v3?

FFMeredith

Actually guite simple

Go to the move script, find the lines which checks the target
The line starts with

bool CheckTarget(GameObject *Caller, Actor *Target, int childID)	{ 

and add this in there: 

if(Caller->GetType() == ACTOR_VEHICLE)		{			Vehicle v(Caller);			if(v.GetFreePassengers() > 0 && v.GetNumPassengers() == 0)				return false;		}		return true;

This should give you something that looks a bit like this:

bool CheckTarget(GameObject *Caller, Actor *Target, int childID)	{		mr = Commands::CheckMoveConditions(Caller, Target, childID);		if (mr.Mode == MOVE_ABORT)			return false;		if(Caller->GetType() == ACTOR_VEHICLE)		{			Vehicle v(Caller);			if(v.GetFreePassengers() > 0 && v.GetNumPassengers() == 0)				return false;		}				return true;	}