Dyson

Person Animation Creation

Hi,

I'm trying to edit the default animation set of em4, I'm hoping this isn't hardcoded. The animations don't seem to be relative to the individual models like with vehicles. Anyway I'm trying to edit the aim rifle animation, I want to add the leg animation from 'idle' to the aim animation, essentially just to make the rifle aim happen stood up rather than kneeling down. If anyone can point me to somewhere I can get at these animations I'll fiddle about until I either quit or get it working.

If this makes no sense to you or you're just going to point me to hoppahs tutorials then please just ignore this topic, any advanced modders please get in touch, this is something I've wanted to do for a long while, I hope it's doable.

Dyson

x

I'm sure it's doable as the us army mod has snipers lieing down ill have a look into it:)

Which is a default game animation and only used in one of the Deluxe missions.

As far as I know, it's not possible to edit the animations. Dyson is right that the animations itself are not present in the persons model files (the .v3o files). The persons animations are a skeleton/bone type of animation (a different way of animation than the muscleanims for all other models)  and each person model simply consists of different bodyparts. A seperate animation file should contain the codes how the body parts move for each animation. I'm pretty sure the VMO file which comes with each person model file has to do with the animations as well as the file 'adult_anim.vmo' in the default 'Data\Models\Persons' folder. Seeing the size of that file, I'm pretty sure the latter contains the actual animations. If you have software that can open and edit that file, you may be able to edit or add animations. Other than that, I have no idea.

Which is a default game animation and only used in one of the Deluxe missions.

As far as I know, it's not possible to edit the animations. Dyson is right that the animations itself are not present in the persons model files (the .v3o files). The persons animations are a skeleton/bone type of animation (a different way of animation than the muscleanims for all other models)  and each person model simply consists of different bodyparts. A seperate animation file should contain the codes how the body parts move for each animation. I'm pretty sure the VMO file which comes with each person model file has to do with the animations as well as the file 'adult_anim.vmo' in the default 'Data\Models\Persons' folder. Seeing the size of that file, I'm pretty sure the latter contains the actual animations. If you have software that can open and edit that file, you may be able to edit or add animations. Other than that, I have no idea.

Yeah I figured as much, ah well that sucks that's definitely something I'd like to see incorperated into the em5 editor, but for now SWAT will just have to crouch looks fools haha thanks for the reply.

Might be wrong here Dyson but didn't raf find a complicated way of editing the animations?

Nope :)