Dyson

[Released] Manhattan Modification Standard Definition Project

Hey All,

So just a quick question, on the latest SD version does anyone have any problems with the traffic flow, mine seems to stop at the traffic lights and not move, I've also notice that the traffic lights just cycle through really quick, apologises if someone has already posted this, I thought I saw it before but wasn't too sure.

Thanks

The traffic light glitch is the map, not the mod. Happens to me with other mods on that map also

Yeah nothing on the map besides firehouses and events is changed, any map bugs will be down to the usual game. The traffic never tails back too far and usually sorts itself out 30 mins into game.

I guess there is no fix for the people having the crash to desktop problems?

Time is stretched but I need to know why people are crashing, make sure drivers are updated, run as admin and set settings to lowest. That's all I can suggest without knowing more about the issue.

Basically, for me at least, it's simply an issue of processing power. I have one of the dreaded Intel graphics cards and mine is integrated - I think most, if not all, Intel cards are integrated - which means it has much less spare processing power than other graphics cards.

This mod, although brilliant and truly inspiring for me, uses loads more resources than EM4 normally does, and it isn't fully optimised (there is a lot of 'clutter' in the files, and a lot of high poly-count models that use up more CPU than they need to). Bear in mind the game likes to cache the mod when loading it, meaning a lot of heavy memory usage as the game is constantly 'remembering' all the HQ models in the mod. It's a bit like buying a modern sports car but it's stuck with an engine from the 1940s - there's only so much it can do and it's impossible to reach full potential. Eventually it'll overload. I could play V3.0 SD but even the small updates into V3.2 SD is now too much for my system to handle. Basically - Intel is not great for gaming, but it can run EM4 because it's an old game now. But this mod runs much more intensely, effectively making it a whole new game with new system requirements.

tl;dr - even the SD version is quite resource-intensive for Intel users. It might simply be that we don't have the hardware for this much awesome. ;)

I hear ya. Well this is my opinion.

I really liked the first one you guys made, the only thing that I would like is a police station and hospital. I thought everything else worked great expect for the patrol cars getting stuck.

I may not speak for everyone, but I think if we had the same map and buildings as the last one except for police station and maybe a hospital, I know I would be happy.

That may be how the mod is now, but I don't know since it will not play.