Dyson

[Released] Manhattan Modification Standard Definition Project

I had no problems with the beta release could play it for as long as I wanted, now when I start the new version it loads, I can scroll around the entire map and I'll get a run, when I click on an engine to send I get a runtime error and back to desktop, I think people are referring to the beta map because it worked with no problems and maybe adding something to the newer versions map is causing the problems

I don't know if this will help any but i believe the issues is with the graphic card driver may be outdated. I have tried the updated mod on three different machines and only have the CTD issue on one of them. It runs fine on my mac book with an updated Nividia graphic driver and my Samsung ultra book with an newer intel chipset, but my desktop that has a more powerful ATI card but I cant get an updated driver crashes. Hope this info helps someone.

I don't know if this will help any but i believe the issues is with the graphic card driver may be outdated. I have tried the updated mod on three different machines and only have the CTD issue on one of them. It runs fine on my mac book with an updated Nividia graphic driver and my Samsung ultra book with an newer intel chipset, but my desktop that has a more powerful ATI card but I cant get an updated driver crashes. Hope this info helps someone.

but we are all saying we ran v. 3.0 just fine, and he said that nothing really changed so what could be the cause.... maybe a stray file that only works for newer computers? or could it be something to do with operating systems, windows, etc. Difference between windows 7 and 8? there are so many possibilities

3.0 worked fine for me, the update crashes as soon as free play loads. I know you said you didn't change much but going through some benchmarking, I think the problem is with the map. I don't know what was changed but it seems to be a rendering error of the update's map on intel hd graphics. Hope this helps.

The SD version is going to be revisited, but for now try downloading the latest HD version and deleting the mod:Maps/freeplay.e4m and see if you can run the game. This will force em4 back to the original non NYC map and may solve issues, although it wont be anywhere near as fun

x

Guest Christian Haupt

I can Run 3.0SD fine but 3.2SD it crashes as soon as it finshes loading now I don't have 3.0 ofcource anymore but if the download is still available could you put it in.(PS I played the 3.0.3/4 snow map love it I can play hd but some times it funner to play SD :).

Thanks

The download issue for me appears to be Internet Explorer 11. After 3 days of screwing around and it stopping at 72% everytime. The only thing left I could think of that I hadn't done is try another browser. Fired up Google Chrome and was able to download the HD and SD versions of this mod without any issues at all. Now to try them and see which runs better on my computer.