Dyson

[WIP] Manhattan Modification [The Upper East Side] *New Video*

Feedback poll  

433 members have voted

1. 1. Can you run the mod?

2. 2. Do you enjoy the mod (scale 5 being highest)?

• 5 - Very much
    • 4 - A lot
    • It's ok but nothing special
    • Needs improvements
    • Terrible needs drastic improvements (Go on haters go crazy)
  3. 3. Crash frequencies (once in game)

• Every time I play it crashes
    • Most of the time it crashes
    • Had a few crashes
    • Very few crashes
    • Never crashed so far

How is everyone handling the traffic and ped traffic? It starts to get crazy and then is impossible to fix because the peds just stand where ever and dont move.

The peds are split into 2 groups. You have the 'pathed peds' and the 'unpathed peds'.

The peds with paths will stand still but then return to their set path after seeing an incident or whatever (more normal)

However the peds without paths dont have anywhere to return to, your best bet is to arrest these guys and just move them out of the way, I knew this was an issue and thats why 95% of the on map population has paths, to reduce this problem as much as possible.

As for traffic, as I've told people before, it takes some getting used to, we've been playing this mod since early developments. Our suggestions are to block traffic where it spawns. I.e. if it's 8th Avenue all the traffic starts at the south of the map going upwards, grab a traffic unit and send them to this point, set them up to block all traffic before setting up on scene. Give it about 20 seconds (perhaps stage somewhere else in the meantime) then once the avenue is empty you can set up. If you find yourself using perhaps only 2 lanes, open up the rest.

Another note, is that any traffic bugs, (with any mod usually) 2 cars will get stuck, the tow trucks have been edited to pick up non exploded vehicles, so just drive down and pick the vehicle up. You can even usually release the vehicle after and it will either resume its original course or just delete itself. Another reason to have a few tow trucks patrolling.

I know this isn't necessarily a perfect system, but until em4 runs on a better engine where AI is smart enough to drive properly, it'll have to do :)

Hope this is of some help!

Dyson

x

The peds are split into 2 groups. You have the 'pathed peds' and the 'unpathed peds'.

The peds with paths will stand still but then return to their set path after seeing an incident or whatever (more normal)

However the peds without paths dont have anywhere to return to, your best bet is to arrest these guys and just move them out of the way, I knew this was an issue and thats why 95% of the on map population has paths, to reduce this problem as much as possible.

As for traffic, as I've told people before, it takes some getting used to, we've been playing this mod since early developments. Our suggestions are to block traffic where it spawns. I.e. if it's 8th Avenue all the traffic starts at the south of the map going upwards, grab a traffic unit and send them to this point, set them up to block all traffic before setting up on scene. Give it about 20 seconds (perhaps stage somewhere else in the meantime) then once the avenue is empty you can set up. If you find yourself using perhaps only 2 lanes, open up the rest.

Another note, is that any traffic bugs, (with any mod usually) 2 cars will get stuck, the tow trucks have been edited to pick up non exploded vehicles, so just drive down and pick the vehicle up. You can even usually release the vehicle after and it will either resume its original course or just delete itself. Another reason to have a few tow trucks patrolling.

I know this isn't necessarily a perfect system, but until em4 runs on a better engine where AI is smart enough to drive properly, it'll have to do :)

Dyson

x

yes is does help.. ill give that a try and see how it goes thanks! i love the game play though 

yes is does help.. ill give that a try and see how it goes thanks! i love the game play though 

Thanks, I'm currently taking steps to make the gameplay more stable and easy to use. The return and leave commands are head of the list to be tinkered with to give the user more freedom and simplify the experience.

Dyson

x

Thanks for clearing that up.  Yes, the traffic is fine.  I can work my way around that by closing off avenues, no problem.  It's the peds that cause the traffic to back up.  I've noticed a few areas that are prone to these peds, and I have tried to arrest and move them but they keep coming back into the street lol.

Thanks for clearing that up.  Yes, the traffic is fine.  I can work my way around that by closing off avenues, no problem.  It's the peds that cause the traffic to back up.  I've noticed a few areas that are prone to these peds, and I have tried to arrest and move them but they keep coming back into the street lol.

Haha yeah, Em4s engine tells them to move away from events, so I usually stick them across the road far away, or just heard them that way with the block ped command or send peds command :)

I have only been able to play this mod 1 time (I have the HD version) and thought it was AWESOME!  However, I have been getting consistent Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library errors....abnormal program termination everytime I try to load freeplay.  This is extremely frustrating.  I have uninstalled the mod and re installted at least 4 or 5 times.  Please, somebody who knows more than I do, read the attached logfile.  Help me PLEASE!  Thanks.

logfile.txt

I have only been able to play this mod 1 time (I have the HD version) and thought it was AWESOME!  However, I have been getting consistent Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library errors....abnormal program termination everytime I try to load freeplay.  This is extremely frustrating.  I have uninstalled the mod and re installted at least 4 or 5 times.  Please, somebody who knows more than I do, read the attached logfile.  Help me PLEASE!  Thanks.

When creating the mod I sometimes get these errors after adding something new thats big. I usually -

Move the entire mod out of the mods folder, onto the desktop (move dont copy)

Restart my computer

Run as admin

Then I'm usually fine. However if you're still having issues try the contig suggestions someone posted a few posts back, that also works well (as far as I can tell)

Haha yeah, Em4s engine tells them to move away from events, so I usually stick them across the road far away, or just heard them that way with the block ped command or send peds command :)

For some reason, it seemed like the block/send ped commands didn't work for me...I just recently also tried to solve a whole city-wide traffic jam to get to a fire, couldn't do it so I quit lol.  Still, it was fun to try haha.

Another reason to have a few tow trucks patrolling.

Dyson

x

This reminds me, I get a bug where I set vehicles on patrol and they get locked at patrol speed (Changing to speeds 1,2 or 3 do not change the speed to respond to incidents after a patrol) So I have to send them to HQ and bring a new vehicle onto map. This bug isn't too bad for tow trucks but PD on patrol will take forever to get to a crime/incident.

Note: This is on normal V3 not tried on the SD version will do now and update :)

Update: This also occurs on SD version so on both I just station cars around the map and not patrol for now.

Update 2: Just noticed when I click send to HQ it forces the car out of patrol speed and you can change speeds again although to have to click Return to HQ after every patrol and then direct it to an incident.