pyrothijs

Installing drivers

I wanted to update my video drivers (it's an ATI Mobility RADEON X700) and I found an update for it on the ATI site (see here). But it says its a Catalyst Display driver, is that the same as a normal video card driver?

And if it is the same: do I need to put it in a specific folder once I've downloaded it (and if yes, which one)?

I know it's probably a simple question but I just wan't to be sure, I've never done this before.

Thanx,

Thijs

Catalyst is the name of Atis drivers ;)

Just downlaod it and extract the zip file, after that run setup, but before doing that, delette the old drivers and reboot your pc

I downloaded the file on the site but it's an installation verifaction program. When I install and execute that (no need to unzipp) it says thank you for your interest in ATI catalyst, but you can't install it on your system.

I think that it's because my notebook manyfacturer (ASUS) isn't mentioned in the list on the website (overlooked that one the firs time, sorry :idee::blush: ). According to the website the only way to download the latest drivers is with that verification program, does this mean I can't install new drivers?

Thanks again,

Thijs

http://support.asus.com/download/download....SLanguage=en-us

Check on asus site, they mostly should have them

Thanks, I found them.

But I don't know how to uninstall the old drivers, I found an ATI uninstall function but it says that it wil remove ALL Ati products from my computer.

In the download there where a lot of programs included (96 total). There's a folder called drivers and in it is a program called setup.exe I guess that's the one I need to install the new graphic drivers. But when I started it, it sayd:

"setup can't continue because the length of the prescribed path plus the name of the installtion folder excesses the limit of 95 signs. Try shorten one or both of them."

What can I do about that, should I place it on the desktop or something?

greetz,

Thijs

(BTW: if I'm not online by next weekend, something went wrong... :laugh:)