EMFan

Cloning a vehicle

So here is what I want to do....

I want to make a copy of an engine, and edit the DDS file to change it's appearance. I went into the editor and clicked on engine 5 and clicked "clone". I named it engine6. But when I open it, it uses Engine5.dds and I can't figure out how to give the new engine it's own dds file.

Can anyone help?

I don't have an engine6.v3o file. When I cloned engine5 in the editor, it only created an engine6.e4p file. Can I make a .v3o file?

Engine6.e4p is still using Engine5.v3o because all you did was clone it.

.v3o = model file

.e4p = prototype file

Go to the vehicle's directory (outside of the editor, in Windows explorer) and copy Engine5.v3o, rename it Engine6.v3o, tell it to use Engine6.dds (or whatever) like Hereweard said, and then it will be entirely separated.

To get it working in-game you'll need to follow the tutorial for adding new units.

Thanks,

That worked great! But..........

As I was making some other modifications to my mod, I somehow have screwed up the icons for the people (policemen, firemen, medics,etc. When I call out a vehicle, you can't see any icon for the people (2 police officers, 3 FF's, etc) When you call the vehicle onto the map, it has a generic icon for the people (a man with a green shirt). But when you exit the people from the vehicle, it is the correct Police, FF, etc. Anybody know what I may have broken?