Quincy

[Released]Command Post

Here is the Command Post I have created. Command Post is deployed by the Battalion Chief, command post can call in units just like the regular battalion chief in the LA MOD could. This script just makes the game a little more interesting and gives expansion for adding more unit calling commands later down the road.

Download Link is below video!!

Credits: Hoppah for the scripts for which I studied and took snippets from to make this and Myself (Quincy) for doing the edits.

Instructions:

• Extract Scripts Folder and Prototype Folder to LA MOD directory
  • Play!!

• WARNING: IF YOU HAVE MADE CHANGES TO YOUR BATTALION CHIEF, DO NOT EXTRACT THE NEW BATTALION CHIEF PROTOTYPE. GO INTO THE EDITOR AND MANUALLY ADD THE "PcmdPostInstall" COMMAND TO THE BATTALION CHIEF.

Command Post.zip

NiceXD How about a MCU(ATF for example) skinned for LAFD use. And when it is delployed it can call for units. Just for large fires.(like the forest fire mission)

Using the Battalion and EMS Captain vehicles would work, also.

Having an issue with my Call Commands not showing up when I deploy the post.

Scratch that, I found the differences between the Post Commands and the regular commands.

Quincy, do you happen to know how the script line "n.SetSpeed" numbers compare to the unit.xml speed? I've changed the values of most units in the xml files, but I'd like to set the script lines to be the same for all of them, too. I have to send all units on map back to HQ at the beginning to get them to reset to their new speeds (I think, I've never actually tested it).

Nope none. Just sends me back to the desktop and make my screen oddly bright...

EDIT:Fixed it. I just reinstalled LA mod and the Command post script. I was playing and it works great. Also another idea: How about Flashlights for FF? I got the light done the only issue is im not a scripter and would know how to edit the floodlight script for personel use. I set the current light to turn on only at night and put it on the USAR FF LAFD FF/EMTand Paramedic with SCBA gear. It does come in handy.

Edited by firefighter243

There was a submod for em4 that had a command like that and I know LA MOD for Em3 had them. But Ill see what I can do firefighter it will probably just be a simple cmd of when button is pressed, activate special light and it will just be a very bright corona somewhere on the model. Could you get me a model of a mag lite (Flashlight/Torch)?

Ill write the command script in a little while just move the light to the helmet or the shoulder (more realistic) and select blue light as the light type (even though its white, blue light type is an identifier)

Without the use of an extra command, you might be able to add a 'standard' type of light, and check 'night only' (or whatever that setting is called). The lights will automatically turn on when it turns dark. :)

Thats what I currently Have it set too. Would you know if it is possible make a red light and a "Beeping" sound when a firefight has been wounded to the point he needs to be taken to the hospital.

Ill write the command script in a little while just move the light to the helmet or the shoulder (more realistic) and select blue light as the light type (even though its white, blue light type is an identifier)

Thats what I was also thinking. Like a blue light on the back of the helement to act like a strobe.

Possibilities with scripting are almost endless, you could make it so when a firefighter is injured it plays an MP3 of a pass device (Personal Alert Safety System).

I completely forgot about this topic im going to pickup where i left off. Im going to work on the helmet light next then the PASS device script and after that im going to come back to this command post and fix it and try to make it so it calls in units already on the map. Sorry about not being active.