Chris07

New stretcher crew crashes editor

I am trying to create a new paramedic stretcher crew called "Flight Paramedics". I am using LA Mod v2.1. Here is what I did:

1. Copy ff_paramedic_stretcher.v3o, ff_paramedic_stretcher_single.v3o

2. Unpack the v3o files.

3. Open each v3o file and manually change the texture file from ff_paramedic_stretcher.dds to flight_paramedic_stretcher.dds as shown:

Flight_Paramedic_Stretcher

SRF, stretcher, 0, 0, 0, stretcher.dds, 517, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
SRF, ff_paramedic_stretcher, 0, 0, 0, flight_paramedic_stretcher.dds, 517, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

Flight_Paramedic_Stretcher_Single

SRF, ff_paramedic_stretcher, 0, 0, 0, flight_paramedic_stretcher.dds, 517, 0, 0, 0, , 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

4. rename ff_paramedic_stretcher.v3o, ff_paramedic_stretcher_single.v3o to flight_paramedic_stretcher.v3o, flight_paramedic_stretcher_single.v3o

5. Save flight_paramedic_stretcher.dds in same directory as the .v3o files (/mods/MY MOD NAME/Models/Persons/01 LA Ambulance/)

6. Launch editor

7. Clone FF_Paramedic_Stretcher and FF_Paramedic_Stretcher_single prototypes in editor, naming the clones to Flight_Paramedic_Stretcher.e4p and Flight_Paramedic_Stretcher_Single.e4p

8. Rename each to say "Flight Paramedic Stretcher" and "Flight Paramedic Stretcher Single"

9. Select the appropriate v3o model for each prototype.

"Flight Paramedic Stretcher Single" works as expected. However when I load "Flight Paramedic Stretcher" the editor crashes to desktop. Any ideas on what is going on?

Weird. I made new paramedics for the Rockport mod, same names and everything... Anywho:

If you've replicated this issue, it could be a corrupt v3o, or a corrupt prototype (my bet is the latter) as I've had them both happen before. Like Hoppah said, post the logfile and we can identify the exact issue, or maybe you can do it yourself.

Worst case scenario, just remake it all (shift-delete the original files, and start over). If it still gives you trouble, then your computer is possessed and must be destroyed (not really...)

Log file has this which seems interesting...perhaps its an issue with the animation file....(Which i assume is the .vmo)

|[VNUM=1.43]
|Model contains 615 vertices, 484 polygons, 20 bones, 0 muscleanimframes
|Loading Model mod:Models\Persons\01 LA Ambulance\flight_paramedic_stretcher.v3o
|[VNUM=1.43]
|Model contains 1598 vertices, 1194 polygons, 42 bones, 0 muscleanimframes
?Cannot add default animation set to L: incompatible bone structure?
!WARNING: global listener object is still registered! Unregister listener before destroying object!