marcoclusius1

third station?

hey guys,

i really like/want a third fire station on the la mod, i really dont know how to do this, ( yes i've bin trough all the tuts but didn't get it)

What i also like is tho have a second police station or isn't that possible?

Perhaps if you just took the scripts for the existing stations, copied them to create new scripts, and then replaced all the names with new names (eg swap fs_01 with fs_03, add all the VO's on map, etc)? It would take a long time, but in theory, it might work.

Step 1) create new VOs in editor.. They have to be FS3 around the edge of the fire station. Then your VOs for your trucks.

Step 2) go into your tofirestation script and you have to do a lot of work here creating and editing new scripts.

Step 3) go into your firestation script and again creating new scripts an have more fun.

I have looked at this. It is a very daunting task.

Well to have like we did with units returning to 3 seperate (or more) stations is easily do-aable, just edit the ToFirestation script, but to have 3 or more fully functional houses, with individual control panels and spawns on loadup, as hoppah did for us recently, is where it gets tricky, editing the FireStationstart script.

The best bet is to just familiarize yourself with the scripts in question and then you can begin making adjustments to accept 3 possible spawn points etc.

If none of this made any sense I'd suggest leaving it, you'd need atleast a basic understanding of hoppah's scripts to begin messing around with them.

x

Yes and no, but scripting aint easy. I modified the script for the Manhattan Mod to have 4 working fire stations with each station having its own control panel. However, the script for the Manhattan Mod is less complex as the LA Mods one, because the control panels of the Manhattan Mod have less functionality (only the basic 'Hide/show ceiling' and 'Open/close gate' commands) and I didn't bother to change the Battalion Chief scripts for the Manhatty Mody. Changing the LA Mod scripts to have 3,4or5 completely functional fire stations would be far more work and complex with all the related scripts and (virtual) objects on the map.

Anyway, it IS possible but it aint easy. Since the Manhattan Mod fire station script is less complex as the LA Mods one you might want to use that one as a base. :)

Hoppah