cnyle

Has anyone made American voices for the crews?

I will start by saying I have searched every possible term to see if I could find any new voices for the crews, but I could not come up with anything. It seems with all the great modders I see at this community, surely someone by now would have tackled this. If not, it might be something I would be willing to try. I have changed my "confirming" to "acknowledge" that I got from a scanner play back. I first wanted to see if it could be done. I know there are 90 some different samples in the audio folder, but to me it sounds like they just have a different pitch to them. I'm new here, so if this is something thats been covered before, forgive me. Maybe I'm oversimplifying things, but that's why I'm asking before I go too far into this. Also, I wasn't sure if this was the right forum or not for this topic, but I thought I'd start here.

Its amazing what a nights sleep can do for you. Thanks for your reply Hereweard. What I was thinking of in the beginning was putting actual voices from fire and police scanners, but I see now that unless you use the same voice for all the samples it just wouldn't work. For example, you tell someone to get a hose, he responds in one voice, you tell them to connect the hose, they respond in another voice, now that wouldn't be too realistic now would it lol. I have the LA mod installed but I have been playing on the NY mod mostly. The voices come from the main data folder right? The reason I ask, it seem like I still have alot of the accented voices on my game. As I said in my first post the one I had to change was the "confirming" that one was driving me crazy.