Dyson

Code 3 Models

I skimmed through old topics, but most were atleast 2 years old.

After recently purchasing my own collection I invite people to post their own, with photos etc, have some appreciation for the now closed down die-cast replicas.

Being my first models, I was amazed by the level of detail, the little things like extendable legs and even how big they are, I wasn't sure what to expect with 1/64 scale!

Well here's mine, going to upload some more photos later.

I'm focusing just on the popular FDNY models, my favourite rigs around, with the exception of Chicago.

- Ladder 43

- Ladder 26

- Squad 61

- Rescue 1

423338_4653458068322_1974559435_n.jpg

398696_4653456268277_1190970922_n.jpg

13699_4653455788265_1616781609_n.jpg

I'm hoping to get an old and new (Marauder II) seagrave engines too and hopefully a tower ladder.

I hope to see some awesome pics and especially any kitbash edits you may have done, or even just seen :)

x

Normally $60? I got that exact engine and the flag set together for about $15 straight from Code 3.

Anyway, here's my stuff. Please excuse the dust on some of it, I need to clean them off lol. Also excuse the bullet in front of 10 Truck. lol

10 Truck

8317868709_8efe6ddf19_b.jpg

Carson City Engine 3 (Got this and the flag set together for $15-$20)

8317872081_9dcca07c62_b.jpg

Collectors Club Ladder Truck

8317870909_de586ec2b8_b.jpg

FDNY Ladder 114 If you can't tell this was the Christmas truck one year.

8317873237_b08be6f148_b.jpg

Miami Rescue 26. First model I ever got if you can't tell by all the dust that's accumulated lol.

8317874279_415b3d08d8_b.jpg

Two that I've also always wanted but was never able to get was the two San Diego models they had, one was an engine and the other was a ladder.

You can find them on ebay and a couple of fire websites.

My brother has a gigantic collection, last time I knew it was over 200. We both got into them when they first came out. I have somewhere around 20, but their all at my parents house in my old room. I had the 2 original LAFD engines (first edition with antennas), 1 Pittsburgh EMS, 1 Philadelphia Engine, JC Penny special set with the FDNY Dive truck, 1 Gettysburg tower, 1 old style RCMP car, and a bunch of other ones. I also have a TWH oshkosh striker model I got as a graduation present, but those are ridiculously pricey.

Code 3 went under last year. It's a real shame, they made amazing rigs, I remember wanting to play with them, but my dad was afraid I'd break them, granted the mirrors and turret are gone from my first model.

I have a Boston Ladder 23 (not my photo)

[story time] I lived down the street from Boston Ladder 25 and Engine 30 when I was a little kid, before I moved, and my bought models and toys that looked like the trucks we encountered. My dad bought me a Tonka Tower Ladder because it looked like

. My dad and mom used to demo American La France in the Boston Area, and we called that truck "Tower Ten" because we demo'd it so much, we assumed we got it ten times, anyways, it was Boston Ladder 26 for Six months, and I wished it stayed, because it was awesome on the hill that lead up to New England Baptist. The Single Axle E-Ones sucked on that hill, that is where Capt Kelly was killed when the brakes on the truck blew. So that's the story of Tower Ten, now residing in Elizabeth NJ. (Off topic I know, but we are in the Off Topic) So, Code 3 Made models of Boston Engine 30 and Ladder 25, I think it was after two FF, one from each truck, were killed on a call down the street from the house. So the models came out a few years later, I remember my dad brought them to the shop and put them on a desk with the clear covers off; I came into the shop one day, and I wasn't doing anything so I took some printer paper, and a new pack of colored sharpies, and made a fire scene, not the KIA incident and taped them to the clear covers, now I think, I wish I made some little FFs and hoses out of the paper too. I put the covers behind the trucks and left them there.

I also got a free Code 3, by coming back to the both after already being there at the Baltimore Fire Conversion. It was actually that collectors club ladder truck (which is the same model as BFD Ladder 23, but with a different paint job, and I think this one doesn't have the ground ladders that come out of the back like the BFD, or the other way around :Oo , I'll look at it :) )

My first Code 3 was a vol. Frieghtliner Tanker, I think it was collector club, but I'll check. That is the one with the missing the mirrors and turret. :D

Again, NOT my picture :D

So, who else?

Would be interested in starting my own collection but can't find any models I'm wanting like some CFD and UK fire and rescue and police models and also they are quite pricey too

well.... im selling a model for pretty cheap if you look up a couple of posts... that would be a cheap way to start your collection haha

I used to have a diorama of that time when Meryl Streep attempted to get away with a hit-and-run in a parking lot but then her car got stuck and she got confronted by onlookers and went berserk, attacking one of them with a pair of shoes. I believe it was 1/24th scale or something. Very detailed and all - it even had those little miniature doll shoes.

But then I sold it in a yard sale to a woman who looked suspiciously like Meryl Streep wearing those huge Lady Gaga hooker sunglasses.

Talk about someone who would rather buy everyone's silence than accept they've made a mistake and move the f*ck on.