Stan

We are back!

Hello community,

As some might have noticed we had some layout issues with the site between midnight and 07:00 AM CET. After two hours of work the trash has been cleaned, we are secured again and we are back for normal operations.

If you find strange things on the forum, broken things or not loading pages please feel free to report bellow this post.

For more information, please read the full storyWhat happened?

Between midnight and 00:47CET files that where uploaded between 26 of October have been executed to make an Sql injection in our database to addition URL's to our Forum Categories.

What are the consequences?

For you as user, nothing, beside the downtime :) For us this means we are going to work on security. One of those additions will be that file execution will be blocked and that we will make hourly backups of our forum which we will keep for 14 days. In short this means that we will keep 336 backups before we will begin to overwrite backup nr. 1

If you find strange things on the forum, broken things or not loading pages please feel free to report bellow this post.

Kind regards,

The staff

UPDATE: 17:23 CET, we are back online but preparing a fresh install of our forum to be sure all issues have been resolved.

Click here to view the article

I think that it has to something with that crazy Portuguese dude, bombiero. All this craziness has started around the time that somebody from moderators (i cant remember who,but it doesn't matter actually) posted his FB page and he stopped (thankfully) coming here. It doesnt have to be him, but i am just stating my opinion

@Cops, nope :) No data has been lost. The reinstall of the forum is planned for tomorrow morning CET and no data will be lost at that point. We are currently making new backups and changing all passwords to make sure everything will be fine.

@Other, in the 7 years we have been attacked 6 times :(

We were attacked more than likely due to traffic. I run a site similar to this, with the same software, on a much smaller scale. I too started getting attacked the same time as here (all IPB based sites did) due to a security flaw they found in the code. A spammer will not make 50 accounts for a site with ten hits a week, but it will make thirty times that if you get millions of hits. Spamming is done like all other business, shadily, and based on volume. You don't open a warehouse store in a community of thirty ;)