met police999

editing Rockport TRT station and units

what i want to do is

1)change the station to one with four bays (where can find one like that?)

2)add the Renault Kerux from the Latvia mod into it

3)edit how many FFs can enter an engine

4)make it so i can have four engines like this

TRT command vehicle, TRT truck (the one like rescue 1), foam tender, and the Renault

5)change the FFs helmets to gallet ones

any help would be much appreciated

thanks Met

1)change the station to one with four bays (where can find one like that?)

To find a four bay station may be a little tricky. Most mods have smaller stations than this. I'd recommend making one yourself in Zmod. Stations are easy to make.

2)add the Renault Kerux from the Latvia mod into it

Look at Hoppah's tutorial on how to add units to the game. It should be in the tutorial library for this site, and just skip any of the parts that talk about getting a new vehicle from scratch, you've got the vehicle already done up.

3)edit how many FFs can enter an engine

From the station, this is handled on the station.script file. If you want to change the maximum amount of people that can sit in a vehicle, you do that in the unit's unit.xml file, found under units/department/folder. (Note, department and folder aren't the actual names of the folders)

4)make it so i can have four engines like this

TRT command vehicle, TRT truck (the one like rescue 1), foam tender, and the Renault

Again, this is something that you would edit in the station script, and you could select the units that would spawn there and all that jazz. There should be one or two topics in the older parts of the forum where Hoppah explains this. Just search firestation.script or something along those lines, and you should turn up some results. I can't recall where, but he does explain how to change units in the station and all that manually.

5)change the FFs helmets to gallet ones

Gallet, I'm going to assume that's a brand name. This is a real pain to do, I'll let you know right now you'd be spending a lot of time screwing around with the person models, which spawn into zmod2 as a blurb of death. Honestly, I have no sweet clue how to do it, and I won't try to explain because I don't know what to do for it. I know it can be done, since Hoppah did it several times for the LA mod, but I don't know exactly what you'd need to do to make it work.