Payton Reese Graves

Code3Sim: Emergency Services Series

Dear Emergency Planet Members,

I am currently working on developing a new game series, Code3Sim. Code3Sim currently is going to consist of at least 3 game. Starting with our first game, Code3Sim : Police. This will be our very first game producing under the name of Code3Sim. We are looking for many people to help on this project. We plan to include many realistic features into this game. I as the founder, is putting as work as the other members of the team into this project. I am personally meeting with the Lebanon, Tennessee Police Department, to see If I can get permission to take pictures of there vehicles, we are looking to get about 75-100 photos of each vehicle, including full videos of the light patterns so they can be implemented into our game.Although that this game is mainly for the people that dream of being a police officer, we have many options in the game. You start off in the Police Academy, it takes about 10% of the game, to complete. It is one of our very large main features, it allows players that do not have a lot of knowledge of the police field to gain knowledge as well it allows players that are very good in the police field, to possibly get skipped straight to patrol officer, instead of having to start as a beat officer. As you start the game, it will enter you directly customize your officer, you will be able to pick skin colors and other unique features to customize your character. Then into the academy, after proceeded through the academy, multiplayer is unlocked and you can begin your career. As you enter the department you are new officer, if you did not score at least a 95%+ on your final in the academy then you are a beat officer, you are given a 1 by 1 mile radius to patrol in. You can get our of your area, but if you get a call you will have to run back into the area as the dispatcher will only dispatch you call in your assigned area. As a beat officer you receive very small calls. Such as music disturbance, or small shop lifting calls. As you get arrest and talk with people you gain, experience. As you gain experience you are able to rank up. After you are ranked up from Beat Officer, you get to become a patrol officer. From there you are given the old shitty car, to drive. You have to make the best of it. And so on, as you rank up within the department the better rewards you get.

Code3Sim;

Will be a series of games. We will make Police, Fire, and EMS. All of the games are full first person. We need people with experience to join and help us. Although we are new, and not a official company, more like a group of people with a common interest in something. We do not have the funds to hire staff, that is why we are looking here for people they may love emergency services just as much as us to help on our team.

What are we looking for?

3D Modelers

Artist

Web Designer

Animation

Sound Effects and Audio

Graphic Team

Cut Scene Director

Video Editor

If you meet any of the positions above, you think that you have a certain skill that could help in the making of this game.

Contact Us:

contact@code3sim.com

Possible Design that the vehicles may be based on.

299538_279233085433696_773516098_n.jpg

316115_279233058767032_671491955_n.jpg

313394_279233112100360_1790677003_n.jpg

320965_268903386466666_1402394478_n.jpg

As ever good concept, well thought through, but here's the questions members will ask rather than for info.

a) What skills do you have?

b) Do you have any experience in modding/game development

c) Info about game engine etc, building from scratch is quite a task.

But yeah I'd point on from your concept '75-100' photos of each unit, very unnecessary in my opinion. If they are for modelling, around 5 images would suffice, if it's for textures, any texturer worth his while could knock up a texture based on around 2-3 photos max.

But besides that good luck of course, if you have answers to those questions I'm sure people will be willing to help, but people like that kind of info ;)

Dyson

x

As ever good concept, well thought through, but here's the questions members will ask rather than for info.

a) What skills do you have?

b) Do you have any experience in modding/game development

c) Info about game engine etc, building from scratch is quite a task.

But yeah I'd point on from your concept '75-100' photos of each unit, very unnecessary in my opinion. If they are for modelling, around 5 images would suffice, if it's for textures, any texturer worth his while could knock up a texture based on around 2-3 photos max.

But besides that good luck of course, if you have answers to those questions I'm sure people will be willing to help, but people like that kind of info ;)

Dyson

x

a) I have a lot of experience in the Police Field, and I have a developer working with me, we are putting together the game from ground up. Although more people are need, I could very easily, go find someone on a popular gaming development forum that would do it, but I would rather find people with passion for Police, Fire, and/or EMS. I will however be working with the team in building the city from the models that we collect/build.

b) Nope, I have done skinning for vehicles, and that is about it. As for game development I have a programmer.

c) More than likely, Cry Engine 3, or similar. Buildings and such could very well, be completely custom, or we could use pre made models and edit them highly.

75-100 Pictures of vehicle?

This game is full time first person, this means when you are in your cruiser and you turn your mouse your camera will move so you can look around the cars. Most of the pictures are going to be of the inside of the vehicle getting photos of everything from the Siren Control Panel, to the MDC, that way our modelers will have detailed photos to re create the vehicle in the game. As well as the vehicle is very interactive so we need to get pictures of the trunks of the vehicle so that you can get a good layout of where the traffic cones should be placed in the vehicle, as well as other features.

If you read the paragraph you see that this is Lebanon, Tennessee. Not the country :).

Good luck building a real team without some ground work. Your best bet, is to, before going public, recruiting, privately recruit one or two people and get some groundwork down. Last time I checked, a good first person engine, with a few model packs is over a grand, that's quite the investment. If you're looking at doing all the model building yourself, it shouldn't be too bad, but getting high enough quality models for a first person usually costs a fortune, like a hundred or more per model (from pricing I've done.) It's not a cheap endeavour, so you'll wanna make sure that all this is looked at before doing anything.

1. Ensure that you have a base team. Find someone you know can do models, and a scripter, once you have those two, you have two people that can actually get away with building a game. Everyone else is gravy. Sounds and graphics can be done by a few people, but are the last things needed, as you can build an entire game and add in the sounds after the fact.

2. Once you have a basic team, find an engine you can work with. Once you have an engine that'll take the models, sounds, etc, you want to use, you can get started with the actual production.

3. Roll out a small area, a "ghost town." Put a building or two, a road, and a car, make a cutscene, or even a screenshot to show what you've got. People will be signing up left right and centre because there is actually something on the go. I don't offer my services ever until I see something worth while, and it needs to keep looking good for me to even think about continuing, and most people will think the same way.

3.5. Learn to say no. Although it's nice to accept everyone, most people that ask to join will actually only want in on the goodies before anyone else can get them, and won't actually bring much, if anything useful to the group.

4. Set goals, far enough away to work on, but not so far that they are impossible.

Those are the most important steps to getting the groundwork for a game. It's easy to get the info on how to do it, the actual doing it is the hardest part. Many people can give the info you need, but to find people who can do the work you need is sometimes like pushing a 1 legged cow up 43 flights on stairs. On your knees. ;)

Just remember, don't rush in. It's better to take a year and have a good project, with a small team, than have a team of four thousand, and end up losing it all at the end of the first month, because the people weren't the right ones