Trekky0623

Installing individual units

Is there any way to install a specific unit from one mod to another? Specifically the coast guard helicopter from the New York mod to other mods, such as the LA mod. I like the way the NY mod allows for water extraction, but I still want to enjoy the benefits of the LA mod. Any easy way to do this by copying files, or are the units so dependent on other files that it would be futile?

Is there any way to install a specific unit from one mod to another? Specifically the coast guard helicopter from the New York mod to other mods, such as the LA mod. I like the way the NY mod allows for water extraction, but I still want to enjoy the benefits of the LA mod. Any easy way to do this by copying files, or are the units so dependent on other files that it would be futile?

It's do able but requires adding the scripts, models, prototypes, and prototype paths to the specs file.

Yea, I'm working on moving some NY models to LA models and it's a pain in the a$$. You literally have to change everything and open the model file and change some of the scripts. I followed Hoppah's tutorial on how to add a vehicle to figure out everything I needed to change.

If you don't know much about scripting, I wouldn't recommend trying unless you back up your mod.