rafaelmfernandez

Help with College

Hey guys, good news I got a late acceptance to Georgia Tech, NYU Poly, Emory, and Virginia Tech. Now my dream has always been to go to NYU Poly 5 minutes from Manhattan and litterally a block from the tillary street tigers house (my favorite Brooklyn firehouse) its really the life I've dreamt of moving away from home to NYC, the city of my dreams. But Georgia Tech is a much better school and only an hour away from where I live but there's the financial problems with my Parents whom are pressuring me for scholarships, making me save money etc while my sisters who are older got everything like private school, Emory and all without a hastle. Now my parents would be more proud of me if I went to GA Tech but I don't want them to stress over the financial issues and NYU Poly is my dream school. I need help! Obviously y'all won't be my deciding factors but will give me some points from hopefully both sides that will help me make my decision.

Whatever one if your dream school, go there. Don't worry about other things. If you're happy, it'll all fall into place. Why focus on trying to complete all the other aspects and hope that will bring happiness, why you know you can just go to your dream, and be happy right away?

Dont pick a school based on what firehouse it's next too... Go where you'll be best able to prepare for your future and make a good life for youself, then move based on what firehouse you want to be next to. Good luck with the cost of living if you do though.