firefighter111

X-Box 360 vs. Playstation 3

Hey everyone, I'm looking for some advice. I currently have a PS3 but I am a big star wars fan and with the upcoming release of star wars kinect, I am considering getting the star wars limited edition x-box 360. I am also unimpressed with sony' customer support after my first PS3 died during the L.A. Noire situatuion where both sony and the publisher jointly claimed "it's not my fault." I am think of retiring my PS3 except for the games I have now and the occasional game which has a PS3 exclusive and as a blu-ray player. Just wondering what your opinions are. Thanks

360 sucks. PS3, yoi don't have to pay for your internet...geuss whatcha gotta do with 360 AND graphics are better on the PS3. Blu-Ray capabilities don't hurt either.

You may not have to pay for PS3 internet, but you get what you pay for with XBL - it's a far better service. There's also NO difference between the graphics on either. They have essentially the same hardware specs; PS3 may have a better GFX card but in the end it doesn't matter, you won't notice a difference.

In addition, the 360 has a far better array of games and Xbox exclusive games, and more ergonomic controllers - they feel better in your hands and the control layout is much more practical. Even the PS2 had better controllers than the PS3 (and was a better console in every regard).

Plus, you can get a decent combo Blu-Ray/DVD player with internet capabilities and an Xbox for about the same price as a single PS3.

A game console is a game console in my opinion. All depends on your preference. Majority of my friends have Xbox, so everybody without one keeps getting an Xbobx. I've own every Playstation since the first playstation came out, and I've always been happy and never had a problem, so that's why I keep buying them. Doesn't mean I hate the others, just preference. I have a wii and an original xbox too. They all have they're own certain parts that make it enjoyable for me.

Just preference more than anything to me. I prefer Playstation, but like I said, that's just because I've grown up with playstation and had it all my life. Maybe (clearly) it's different for others.

^ I agree. It's down to preference. Both consoles are great pieces of kit. I enjoy a lot of the features on Xbox (XBL, good exclusives), but the ps3 has some good exclusives and I like all the ps1 games available.

Even the PS2 had better controllers than the PS3 (and was a better console in every regard). .

That's a load of nonsense. Either, you're referring to third party PS2 controllers, which sucked. Or comparing Sony's old controller to their new one - even though the only difference is the trigger buttons.

Either way, the ps3 controller is better than their ps2 counterpart

I have to say a few things...

1. XBL is a lot better than PSN. I play, therefore I am willing to pay. It's totally worth the money. (Security, customerservice and such are better on XBL)

2. Xbox360 controller is a lot more comfortable and feels better than the ps3 controller (For my hands at least)

3. Ps3 has better graphics

4. Ps3 has BluRay. Which is cool.

5. Xbox has no internet-browser! I don't need this feature, but it's worth to mention when comparing these two

6. Xbox Kinect isn't really that cool. It works okay sometimes, but it's really a weird gameplay, and it feels like it requires a greenscreen, or at least a clean livingroom as a background.

I myself have a box. Since I like the exclusives (Forza mostly), the XBL and i like the controller. The biggest reason for me choosing the box however is that most of my friends have the box. It's stupid to play on another platform than your friends.

I have to say a few things...

1. XBL is a lot better than PSN. I play, therefore I am willing to pay. It's totally worth the money. (Security, customerservice and such are better on XBL)

2. Xbox360 controller is a lot more comfortable and feels better than the ps3 controller (For my hands at least)

3. Ps3 has better graphics

4. Ps3 has BluRay. Which is cool.

5. Xbox has no internet-browser! I don't need this feature, but it's worth to mention when comparing these two

6. Xbox Kinect isn't really that cool. It works okay sometimes, but it's really a weird gameplay, and it feels like it requires a greenscreen, or at least a clean livingroom as a background.

I myself have a box. Since I like the exclusives (Forza mostly), the XBL and i like the controller. The biggest reason for me choosing the box however is that most of my friends have the box. It's stupid to play on another platform than your friends.

The xbox do have a web browser, also the application for Youtube, Twitter, Facebook and more!

Definitely Xbox.

Since the PS3 is a japanese console, its exclusives are often japanese games. And I can't stand those. They always make very strange and non-intuitive design choices that seem to appeal to japanese audiences, but just annoy the hell out of anyone else.