stevenew95

A few problems. Help!

Okay, heres whats up...im playing on the la mod and i have the newest version.

1. When i load up the game, the ladder truck in my fire station comes up white. There is still a shape but no color. Any way to fix that? Ive tried to re-install the mod but that didnt work. Step by step tell me how to fix this if possible.

FIXED

2. I've tried and tried to install a light mod to the la mod. This is what i do. and i want this light mod, http://forum.emergen...t-modification/

1. go to my la mod folder>prototypes>vehicles>then extract here and it replaces some files but when i go into the game the lights arent changed. So anyone help?

And also, i want to install a new map texture but i have no idea what to do. So guys please help me!

Sorry For The double Post :blush:

I know that you guys are busy, but I really would appreciate it if you would help! Thanks! :)

There should be 12 .v3o files and 2 .dds all named something like aerial_ladder_xxxx . Have you tried to edit the skin of the model?

Also, do you want to upload a new map texture, or a whole new map with buildings and everything?

no i havent tried to edit the texture or anything. Can you tell me how? Also, im not sure if it changes the buildings or anything but this is the one i want.http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?/files/file/370-texture-package/

Thanks for replying!

Do you have the 12.v3o files and 2.dds files in your model folder? If not I'll upload the .dds files.

Now be prepared this is a lot of info:

To edit the skin of the model you need to unlock the model files ( the .v3o and .dds files). The control for this is found under the modifications tab in the editor as the unpack file button. You need to unpack each file to unlock it. This only works with .v3o files, so you have to temporarily change the extension of the .dds files to .v3o, and then change them back after you unpack them. After you've done that you can open the .v3o files with notepad and the .dds with a graphic design program ( I use GIMP since it's free). If you change the name of the .dds files you have to go into the .v3o files and change the top lines where it says the .dds file name to the new name for each file.It is a long, but not hard process, I've gotten very fast at it over the years.

The texture pack in the file is just different types of textures which can be used to make a ground texture for a map. A map consist of a ground texture and all the the objects on it. A map texture is just a ground texture with no objects or paths or triggers on it. Map ground textures come in an .eft format, and full maps come in a .e4m format. You cannot convert a .eft file. If you want to edit an existing map ground texture, you need a copy in another format (usually a .jpg) These are hard to come by as many modders do not release them. However, the original maps and LA maps are available. If you want to edit the objects, paths, triggers, etc. all you need to do is load the map in the editor and save it.

I hope that isn't too overbearing for the moment.

Ohh boy, well where do i start? First of all, i dont think i have the editor becausae i downloaded the game from amazon. I cant even open the map editor casue it says its not installed right. And the map theng, well that sucks...is there any good map mods that you know of? That you could explain for me how to install. As for the aerial ladder, i think it would be easy if somone put those files of one that is not white but has the texture and i could downlaod and replace the files. Thank you for taking the time to answer.

and also when i try to open the mod installer it says error and something about how its not installed right. Please reinstall.