heyjoojoo

Is it possible to put a civilperson inside a vehicle?

I was considering placing a driver inside inside one of my TV news trucks. Since the truck was created by changing the skins of one of my exisiting user vehicles (dolphin boat), it already has the option of two divers being selected. Can I change these two to civilians (reporters)? But I don't know what their user-id is...

Just edit the TV crew reporter's traits in the editor to being part of the relevant squad and assign the 'Get in Vehicle' command (if you don't know how to do this, reply and I'll explain in full) :)

Just edit the TV crew reporter's traits in the editor to being part of the relevant squad and assign the 'Get in Vehicle' command (if you don't know how to do this, reply and I'll explain in full) :)

Thanks. I think I probably can do that. But when I calling the newscrew from the browser, how do I change the personnel from the original personnel to include the new ones (civilwoman)?

I see what you mean now -

1) In Windows Explorer, go to C:\Program Files\Emergency 4\Mods\YOUR MOD\Units and then use logic to navigate through to find your vehicle.

2) Open up the relevant unit.xml file, and edit the Personnel value - remember to set the default values as well. It should be quite obvious what to change them to :)

I see what you mean now -

1) In Windows Explorer, go to C:\Program Files\Emergency 4\Mods\YOUR MOD\Units and then use logic to navigate through to find your vehicle.

2) Open up the relevant unit.xml file, and edit the Personnel value - remember to set the default values as well. It should be quite obvious what to change them to :)

Yeah but I believe that I need to know the unit id and not the actual filename. For civilians, I don't believe that this is listed anywhere since civilians are not considered "user personnel".

You must make the civilians personnel first. Just follow the same method as if you were making a unit vehicle

I guess I didn't see the units as personnel - never thought of that. I've already made the changes we'll see what happens.I'm trying it out today.

Okay, I'm almost there but it seems that the only problem is that after I've made the civilian a personnel, I still need to know the 'unit id' of the new civilian because it's what's referenced in the units.xml file. It's a little different process than just swapping the units around because I've selected units that I don't intend on using. With civilians, I cant exchange the divers because I need these personnel. So I'm stuck here.

You must make the civilians personnel first. Just follow the same method as if you were making a unit vehicle

I've always exchanged model files but kept the file names. If I do that with let's say, a firefighter, wouldn't my technique change it for all the firefighters? In other words, I would lose all of the firefighters wouldn't I?