emergency4freak

Traffic stop script

You would need to check the Winterberg mod for EM3, they have a traffic stop feature though it is very limited.

G.

I can't find the winterberg mod for EM3, only the EM 4 version. There's only one site on the web that still offeres it (http://www.wem3m.de.vu/), but the download link doesn't work :mad22::1046276128_motz: PLEASE HELP!

Yea, it didn't work for me either. Does anyone have it that they would be able to upload?

Found it! Check out http://www.jeuxvideopc.com/downloads/reche...-winterberg.php you can donwload both the EM3 and EM4 version here.

-Click the name of the version you want to download, then click Winterberg.

-Now click the orange button that says 'telecharger' (French for download).

-Then choose the save as option in the pop-up screen (it takes a while before the screen shows).

Only problem is, that is is in German, but you can replace parts of the language files by the english version (open both files with notepad and copy paste the English text over the German text). Make sure you only paste over the same text, there are a lot of new commands, don't delete them!

I'm in the middle of a test week right now, but when I'm done with the tests I'll translate the file (in English) and send it over to Stan so he can place it in the download centre.

Have fun!

Thijs

Thanks THijs! Could you tell me specifically what the script is called for the traffic stops for cars pulling over? That is all I reall want. I want to add it in for the new LA mod for em3. Thanks.

Regards,

emergency4freak

EDIT: Ok, when I played the winterberg mod, nothing happens when I put my lights on and sirens, the units remain normal. Is it only for em4?

Thanks THijs! Could you tell me specifically what the script is called for the traffic stops for cars pulling over? That is all I reall want. I want to add it in for the new LA mod for em3. Thanks.

Regards,

emergency4freak

I played the Mod for the first time yesterday and I know what you mean, but the script is a combination of several scripts, it will take some time for me to find out which ones you need. You need to send a police car to a point on the map where they can do a traffic check, then you'll have to put the police officers in 'traffic check mode' and only then does the pullover script work. When I know the exact scripts, I'll let you know.

[EDIT] I found the scripts, there are two: one is called 'redirect2.script' and the other is called 'traffic control.script'. Most of the commands are in the traffic stop script, there is also a small explanation in it. [/EDIT]

By the way can you make the ambulances switch on the lights and sirens when they are driving towards the hospital, I think that's much more realistic. Changing it is easy even if you don't know how to script:

-open the gotothospital script, behind the lights and sirens it says 'false'

-Change that into 'true'and save the script.

I played the Mod for the first time yesterday and I know what you mean, but the script is a combination of several scripts, it will take some time for me to find out which ones you need. You need to send a police car to a point on the map where they can do a traffic check, then you'll have to put the police officers in 'traffic check mode' and only then does the pullover script work. When I know the exact scripts, I'll let you know.

[EDIT] I found the scripts, there are two: one is called 'redirect2.script' and the other is called 'traffic control.script'. Most of the commands are in the traffic stop script, there is also a small explanation in it. [/EDIT]

By the way can you make the ambulances switch on the lights and sirens when they are driving towards the hospital, I think that's much more realistic. Changing it is easy even if you don't know how to script:

-open the gotothospital script, behind the lights and sirens it says 'false'

-Change that into 'true'and save the script.

Ok, Thanks Thijs, I was wondering about that. So do I switch the officer to that? And what parts of the map can you have a traffic check? I love seeing traffic stops on the highway, it makes me smile for a very odd reason :P

not to be an ass emergency4freak but seriously, you want much but dont do anything by your own, you want to be a modder but as far i saw atm it were only easy reskins of hoppahs existing vehicles. Not that small modifications aint good but what i mean is try to do stuff & research by your own ;)

Ok, Thanks Thijs, I was wondering about that. So do I switch the officer to that? And what parts of the map can you have a traffic check? I love seeing traffic stops on the highway, it makes me smile for a very odd reason :P

This is how it works:

-you command a police car to go to the traffic stop area (a virtual object, the exact name you can find in the script)

-When the police vehicle is in position a new command appears. I'm not really sure what it's called but I beleive it is something like 'tkae traffic control positions'or something.

-If you click this command the officers get out, one walks towards the road, the other towards a square.

-The officer standing by the roadside can redirect vehicles that enter a certain area (coloured red on the map)

-The redirected vehicles automaticly drive to the square and stop.

-The second officer can now talk to the driver. When he does he can make a few comments that are selected randomly (everything ok, you have an outstanding ticket, lights are broken etc.)

-When you're done checking you can order the officers to enter the car and you can just drive away.

I think traffic stops on the higway are possible, but you will have to place all virtual objects in the right place. I don't know how many there are but you'll probably find them all if you load the Winterberg freeplay map into the editor. The traffic stop location is the bend in the road south of the police station.

Playing the game once or twice maybe isn't a bad idea, you then know exactly how the script is supposed to work.

Good luck,

Thijs

Ok, Thanks Thijs, I got it to work, I was also wondering, I thought when you light up a vehicle, it would pull off to the side of the road. Is that possible? Is it also possible to move the traffic stop location? Thaknks again!

Regards,

Shane

Ok, Thanks Thijs, I got it to work, I was also wondering, I thought when you light up a vehicle, it would pull off to the side of the road. Is that possible? Is it also possible to move the traffic stop location? Thaknks again!

Regards,

Shane

I think so, I haven't looked at the editor map but I think that the position of the vehicles is determend by a virtualobject or a trigger object. When you place that object on the side of the road the vehicles will stop there. You'll probably will have to do a little experimenting before you get it right though.

I think so, I haven't looked at the editor map but I think that the position of the vehicles is determend by a virtualobject or a trigger object. When you place that object on the side of the road the vehicles will stop there. You'll probably will have to do a little experimenting before you get it right though.

Ok, Thanks Thijs!

not to be an ass emergency4freak but seriously, you want much but dont do anything by your own, you want to be a modder but as far i saw atm it were only easy reskins of hoppahs existing vehicles. Not that small modifications aint good but what i mean is try to do stuff & research by your own ;)

Stan, I have skinned, and I can't create vehicles ok! I am not a very good modder, but i am trying my best. I don't really know what to do, but at least I am trying. Just because you and Hoppah are incredible modders, doesn't mean everyone else has to be up to you. your ABOVE average ok. So please just leave me alone.

And Thijs, I placed the scripts in the scripts/command section and it still doesn't work.

I never sayd you have to make 3D models.

The fact is you do not search anything by yourself... Before the crash you asked where to find the script i sayd you braunschweig, and i know you read it because you replyed, and after the crash you reask, so you didnt even try to find it...

Load the winterberg mod in editor and check where all is positioned, that will learn you much much more then only asking all, because im quite sure that in a week you forgot all Thijs sayd

Asking help is no problem but open up your editor and check out how the things work and are placed, thats the only thing that will really help you :xmas:

You'll probably take it as critic or bad again like all others here would do but in any case it is critic its more a way i give you to learn what you want to do....

And Thijs, I placed the scripts in the scripts/command section and it still doesn't work.

Do you mean you ONLY placed the sripts in the command section or do you mean that you transferred all the necessary virtual objects to the right map 9and make sure there the right kind of virtual objects), named them right (same as in freeplay mode) and added the scripts to the command section?

If you mean the first, then first do the all the rest.

If you mean the second: you'll have to add the commands to a police vehicle (stw or mtw), you'll need to edit the police vehicle in the editor and add all the commands (go to traffic check spot & get ready for traffic check). Then you'll have to edit the police offcirs (male and female!) and add the redirect2 command and the 'check out car' command (the names ain't right but you'll have to look it up in the script) to the officers.

When you've done all of this everything should work fine.

greets,

Thijs

p.s. I do agree with Stan that working the editor is the only way you can learn modding. Both him and I don't mind someone asking for help, but trust me doing it is the only way you can learn how to mod. Keep in mind that all of us once started from scratch, nobody is born an 'above average modder', we learned by doing to.

const char VOBJ_CAR[] = "vobj_car";

VOBJ means Virtual Object, meaning you need to have a virtual object named vobj_car

const char VOBJ_RED[] = "vobj_redirect";

VOBJ means Virtual Object, meaning you need to have a virtual object named vobj_redirect

const char VOBJ_CON[] = "vobj_control";

VOBJ means Virtual Object, meaning you need to have a virtual object named vobj_control

const char CMD_GETOUT[] = "GetOutForTrafficControl";

CMD means Command, GetOutForTrafficControl is the name of a command

const char TARGET_PATH[] = "control_path";

Name of a path that will be used

const char CMD_CONTROL[] = "ControlVehicle";

CMD means Command, GetOutForTrafficControl is the name of a control

const char CMD_REDIRECT[] = "TrafficControl";

CMD means Command, GetOutForTrafficControl is the name of a TrafficControl

const char REDIRECT_PATH[] = "redirect_path";

Name of a path that will be used

const char TEXT_ONE[] = "Mit dieser Krücke fahren Sie noch? Bitte steigen Sie sofort aus!";

const char TEXT_TWO[] = "Sie haben kleinere Mängel am Fahrzeug, das kostet Sie ein Verwarngeld!";

const char TEXT_THREE[] = "Alles in Ordnung, gute Fahrt!";

Those are things that will be played as text ingame

The rest is editor work for you

ok, sorry for the mis-conception. I can not try anything for one week for my dad took my computer away and I can only check my e-mail and the forum so I will just communicate from here. Thanks and I am sorry once again. I hope you understand. I am a very sensitive person, even if it is on the computer :P:blush: Sorry again.

Regards,

Shane

emergency4freak

Guest Jahatt
Need any help? I am working on a pursuit script myself and have it half working.

The funny thing is that everyone is talking about adding new functions to the police portion of the game, like traffic stops, pursuits, searching civilians, and different things like that. They should just create a game that focuses on commanding a police station, there is no other game out there that lets you do that and i think if there was it would be very succesful, either that or a mod that does.