kwillis

making mods

Have a high level of expertise in the following areas. ( :excl: = REQUIRED)

• Modeling :excl:
  • Mapping
  • Lighting :excl:
  • Scripting
  • Texturing :excl:
  • Good File Management
  • Have proficient knowledge about computers.

Hope that helps. :cool:

Have a high level of expertise in the following areas. ( :excl: = REQUIRED)

• Modeling :excl:
  • Mapping
  • Lighting :excl:
  • Scripting
  • Texturing :excl:
  • Good File Management
  • Have proficient knowledge about computers.

Hope that helps. :cool:

well im not real good at any of that. haha guess my ideas fly out the window then

well im not real good at any of that. haha guess my ideas fly out the window then

Well this is what I'd suggest..

1. Learn how to use one of these... photoshop/blender/3dsmax/zmodeler (I don't mean learn how to mod with them just use them) e.g. I learnt how to use photoshop during school (taught myself to improve my school work haha)

2. Then begin basic editing, for example using your new skills in photoshop to make small texture edits. This allows you to master import export of the games files.

3.Then learn your way around the editor using this to allow you to edit further.

4. Begin or join a modding project, this will submerge youu in people with other skills and may spread to you.

Don't forget to ask plenty of questions along the way, because people like me will spend the 10 mins to give you a reasonably good answer. I know that's what I did and now I'm running a modding team, you just need commitment and common sense.

Dyson

x

Well this is what I'd suggest..

1. Learn how to use one of these... photoshop/blender/3dsmax/zmodeler (I don't mean learn how to mod with them just use them) e.g. I learnt how to use photoshop during school (taught myself to improve my school work haha)

2. Then begin basic editing, for example using your new skills in photoshop to make small texture edits. This allows you to master import export of the games files.

3.Then learn your way around the editor using this to allow you to edit further.

4. Begin or join a modding project, this will submerge youu in people with other skills and may spread to you.

Don't forget to ask plenty of questions along the way, because people like me will spend the 10 mins to give you a reasonably good answer. I know that's what I did and now I'm running a modding team, you just need commitment and common sense.

Dyson

x

all i wanted to do was make a small town mod. with no police and little EMS. have car wrecks and structure fires with more interior firefighting and ventilation stuff