emergency4freak

Emergency Unit Pictures

In regards to the accident photographs, one has to remember that in both the Fire Service and Law Enforcement, when we respond to an incident, more often then not, we're responding to someone elses tragedy. I'm coming up on 15 years in the Fire Service pretty soon now but I've only been shooting incidents professionally since 2004. It takes experience and sensitivity to know that unless you are with CNN or the BBC, there are many times when there is just no place for a camera. Different countries have different rules regarding freedom of the press and the rights of private citizens and private journalism, but if I can give you, or anyone else some advice, it's to always be aware of the power and responsibility that carrying a camera entails.

On a more on-topic note:

UPDATED 05/05/2008: LACoFD E124, Q126, North Ops & K9 SAR

Expo-Misc-003.png

As mentioned before, it’s the month of the LACoFD updates! Todays' update includes shots of LACoFD Engine 124, Quint 126, North Ops Suburban, and LACoFD's Search and Rescue Dog. All told, its 66 shots from the SCV Expo with MUCH more to come! Enjoy!

Click Here To Go To:

--LACoFD --

I shot it whit my mobile phone and removed the pics by myself

I didn't actually see the pictures since you removed them before I checked the thread, but my point is that you did the right thing. In todays era of Citizen Journalists and the web, there seems to be very few with the intelligence and ethics you displayed. Everyone now has a camera phone for the most part, and they tend to use it without thinking of either the ramifications or responsibility that having one entails.

Shooting blinking lights on big trucks and cars is cool, but never forget why they're there.

last evening i received this on my pager:

Prio 1 Binnenbrand VELDOVEN 11 IJSSELMUIDEN 632 650

^priority ^type of fire ^street ^nr ^town |units^^

^^(p2000)

highest priority for a fire inside a building

to bad (for me) there was almost nothing, just some smoke.

they parked the arial inside and checked the ceiling for smolthering pars but couldn´t find anything...

after aprox. 25 minutes they returned to the station.

DSCF0497.jpg

(not mutch to see)

Edited by martijntjuh

Hoppah, I don't know if you were going to add command posts to v1.6 of your mod, but if you are, here is are some pics of a high tech CHP SUV Incident Command Vehicle.

I would personally like to see this vehicle be in the mod with some cool new functions, but then again I like all units of any type that have this much technology, so it's up to you to decide what you want to do with this. The below website has about 180 degrees of the vehicle including the lighting pattern. Maybe Mike has photographed this unit and can provide more pics and info about it. Link below is to the rest of the pictures.

Well I finally had a chance to see it in person during fire service day, and I took a ton of pics of it as well. 45 to be exact!

FSD-FS89-ICV.png

UPDATED 05/15/2008: CHP ICV

Todays update is 45 pics of the CHP's Incident Command Vehicle. A small SUV loaded with radios, sat-coms, sat-tv, and all sorts of electronics goodies. Enjoy!

Yesterday I took some pics.

A police car that patrol:

dsc00600gv8.th.jpg

These pics where shot by a OMS firesystem call frm a sportstuff store by me in town. A broken light created some smoke, the alarm sounds and the trucks where called. Later there came a second car whit 2 fans to blow the smoke away:

First engine (the dsc00623vu8.th.jpg )

dsc00602tp1.th.jpgdsc00604pb3.th.jpg

dsc00622wn9.th.jpgdsc00624fo8.th.jpg

I will post the rest later because of the limited posts

A church fire we had a year ago

went to a 4th alarm, at this point as you can see we're in defensive operations, initial attack crews were forced out due to extreme heat and fire conditions, with all that wood and stain one doesn't need to imagine how long it would take for a fire to become quite large.

Master streams in operation

post-702-1211036875_thumb.jpg

Aerial master stream

post-702-1211036890_thumb.jpg

post-702-1211036896_thumb.jpg

Expo-Misc-004.png

UPDATED 05/19/2008: LACoFD S124, SW130, Earthquake Sim

Back to the County Fire and the SCV Expo! This update includes 56 images of LACoFD's Squad 124, Swift Water Rescue 130, and Yogi Bear's Quakey Shakey Schoolhouse. Enjoy!

Click Here To Go To:

-- LACoFD @ Expo--

--

Also, Pumper42, what department are those pictures from?

Mike

Heh, I guess they really love their vans in Norway.

There are some Volvo's to, but I don't have the picture of them right now. I don't live in the most populated place in Norway, most of these pictures was taken on my holidays. I'll post more when I get them.

Very nice pictures by the way.

Great shots CAK! Looks like a fun day out there.

Expo-LEO.png

UPDATED 05/22/2008: CHP and LACoPD

Getting close to the end of the Expo shots! Today's update includes 29 pics from the Los Angeles County Police Department - Office Of Public Safety and the California Highway Patrol Included are close up shots of the LACoPD officer's uniform, the new strobes on the CHP Crown Victoria and the filters in the Vision lightbar as well as many others. Enjoy!