Xplorer4x4

Billy Bad Ass

I love that song! And the pic in the beginning where they're on the basketball court, that's funny! I'd love to play firefighter basketball haha!

And yeah that's sad they closed, wasn't that last year or so? And what'd they do with all the trucks and firefighters? Put them with Evansville?

The trucks were put up for auction. McCutchanville Volly FD which was the the first due back up company purchased the main engine(The American La France) from Knight Township at an auction. I believe they may have purchased this to replace one of there engines. One of the McCutahnville engines was running code 3 to a call and tried to enter the Highway at an intersection(not on ramp) and was hit or hit a vehicle when the driver failed to yield the right of way. 2FFs were treated and released on scene, and a third was transported by ambulance to a local hospital for minor injuries.The engine ended up a ditch and was towed from the scene and took a good amount of damage so for a volly company, they may have thought it was cheaper to purchase an older some what run down truck(the ALF) then repair the old one. Now the ALF stands out in there fleet like a sore thumb as all the other pumpers are Pierce with the raised cabs like the LA Mod.

The remain trucks and equipment were purchased by department(s?) in Illinois I believe. Evansville Fire did not pick up any trucks from them, and I do not believe they picked up any equipment. I believe Evansville is in the process of slowly fading out there two-decade old apparatus in favor of newer engines and quints when possible. In the past 5(?) years they have purchased 2 brand new quints, and 4, I believe, Spartan Pumpers. I think it was 2 Spartan Diamonds, and 2 Spartan Embers if memory serves me right.Then again maybe it was just 4 Diamonds they picked up. The other stations are getting the left over apparatus from the 90s and early 2000s.