Aussiecop31

Adding vehicles from one mod to another?

I am also trying to figure that out as well. E4 is excellent and the mods as well. A lot of top notch talent here. My other question is why don't we have an area to download the individual vehicles to slide into mods? The creators can then get individual credit as well as sub credits within mods.

Adding a vehicle to another mod isn't as simple as copy and paste. You have to first know how to get vehicles in editor, which is to complex for me to explain. I recommend searching around this section since the tutorials are down.

Adding a vehicle to another mod isn't as simple as copy and paste. You have to first know how to get vehicles in editor, which is to complex for me to explain. I recommend searching around this section since the tutorials are down.

Thank you for the response. I could not agree with you more. I have been for about 6 hours working on coping the motorcycle from LA mod 2.1 into a test mod. (This is not for public release! I would not do that with out proper permission and credit) Since this question is all over the forum as I get it I will post a complete tut and link all the loose posts to it. The least I can do.

Ok. To explain how I am going about this. I am using "Emergency 4 Modding" Tut "3 Adding Vehicles" authored by "Hoppah" found here http://www.emergency...emid=35〈=en

1) Created the mod in editor and exited.

2)Created Lang,Models,Prototypes, Specs, and units folders. I also created the proper sub folders (In this case models\Vehicle\Police models\persons\Police (since this unit has a specific rider) Prototypes\Vehicle\Police & Prototypes\Persons\Police and finally Units\Vehicle\Personnel

3)I moved copy and pasted the proper model and texture files

4)I also corrected where need be the change from "03 LA Police" to simply "Police" in the "v30" model files.

This is the point I believe it showed up perfect in the Editor.

5)I copy and pasted over the proper commands file since this unit had some unique commands and double checked that in the editor.

6)l edited the unit.xml as needed.

7)I copied the Spec files I needed from the "data" and edited them as needed.

8)I copied the lang files I needed from the "data" and edited as needed.

So to wrap it up. It is in the editor perfectly. Yet not showing up in the freeplay menu after loading the test mod. Where did I boo-boo?

BTW I also tried keeping them as original named "03 LA Police" and edited where needed as well. I get it perfect in editor and not in game.

P.S. Again this mod will not be available to public without proper permission and credit. I will do a full tut on it if I fine the boo-boo here though. I like LAMOD and NYCMOD just the way they are. This mod I am doing is just for the little ones to goof with for the most part.

i can get the vectra from one mod put it in lamod did everything right but it still comees up as a blue box...

In the editor? If so make sure in the vehicle editor at the bottom where it says "Modelfile:" is correct and the file is in correct location. I had that issue once also.

Also in the editor the one I am sliding over did appear as a box until I moved the units files over. I also had to edit the prototype location in the units.xml

Example: From <prototype name="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/cv_chp.e4p" />

to <prototype name="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/Police/cv_chp.e4p" /> since I am using simple file structure.

This really should be something extremely simple once you logically figure out what files are connected to what. I have been working on it 12 hours today and 6 hours on it last night. Insane!