Sawdbuster

Unpacking files

Sorry to keep nagging for help, but today when I unpacked LAFD BLS Engine, USFS Engine, and LAFD Water Tender, I unpacked the file in the editor, unpack files/models/vehicles/01LAFireDept/.....

So when I went to the DDS converter like last time it picked up none of the files, I don't know what to do now. I used this site's DDS converter form tools in the download center

Sorry to keep nagging for help, but today when I unpacked LAFD BLS Engine, USFS Engine, and LAFD Water Tender, I unpacked the file in the editor, unpack files/models/vehicles/01LAFireDept/.....

So when I went to the DDS converter like last time it picked up none of the files, I don't know what to do now. I used this site's DDS converter form tools in the download center

Hi,

The DDS converter is only to export skins to .DDS you can import DDS Files with Paint.net or Photoshop (for photoshop is a plugin needed, you can find the plugin near the download section)

Then you can edit the skins, and to have them back in .DDS you can export it with DDS converter.

Greetz!

I have paint, but I have the textures for the engine and then the tires, but the thing is the converter isn't picking up the files, But for some reason the files are in adobe flashplayer and then the file won't even work right in my computer, becuase adobe does nothing correctly on windows 7, or is it just me?

More likely than not your COMPUTER is associating the files and or showing the wrong icon... Mine does it from time to time, if it is appropriately named IE .dds .bmp .png. jpeg .jpg the program which you are using must be ASSOCIATED in order to open automatically with said program.... goto your app and select OPEN and select all files instead of .bmp or whatever your app is by default looking for... higher grade programs usually are smart enough to know the difference between image formats and have an option for most image formats to be found manually opening a file from within the program. Crappy ones god only knows if you actually must select it in the drop down list.

Simply convert the file to .tga or bmp most paint apps can read them and you can edit them, I hate DDS format thus I dont use it, but in the end converting these files isnt that horrible if you make sure the file format tag is correct IE .Whatever it is.

How can I change the files, because the on;y option I have to change on the file is to change the program used, and I know that doesn't help.

All I want to do now is to texture the LA mod firefighters (Normal FF/EMT and SCBA FF/EMT) to black turnout gear, with 'BFD' on the back and the CHP officers to Mass state troopers for the Boston Mod submod. I might just start asking around if this doesn't work,

Idk your OS far as i know XP/VISTA/7 all do the same thing, which is to hide extensions so when you think you've done it right, in reality the damned thing still shows as a DDS file.... You must disable this in the windows browser or use a 3rd party software to rename the files. In the end it's a pain yes but a necessary one since the LA mod not only uses DDS but also uses locked ones... IF you're not correctly getting them to V3O to unpack them they will never make an appropriate DDS thus never will you be able to reskin them. I have explained several times how to unhide known extension types within these types of topics it is under Folder Options... IF that is unchecked you should be able to correctly do the process necessary... Now to be honest I have no clue what happens if you attempted to unpack a file that was incorrectly named if it'd damage it or not, you might need a new install of LA mod I have no clue on that.