heyjoojoo

REskinning people.... they look very shiny or metallic...

I finally got to where I am reskinning people. I start by editting the image file in photoshop. I used PNG, JPG, and DDS files but when I preview the person in the Editor, he/she looks very metallic or shiny. I'm not sure what I did that make the model lose it's flatness. I changed colors too but stll have that metallic or shiny color.

An ideas?

I finally got to where I am reskinning people. I start by editting the image file in photoshop. I used PNG, JPG, and DDS files but when I preview the person in the Editor, he/she looks very metallic or shiny. I'm not sure what I did that make the model lose it's flatness. I changed colors too but stll have that metallic or shiny color.

An ideas?

you need to un-check the alpha reflections, its to do with dds files, some have alpha some don't :)

you need to un-check the alpha reflections, its to do with dds files, some have alpha some don't :)

I was playing around with the checkmarks. Should the object change as soon as I uncheck the box(es)? I did that several times, and the person does not change. Is it because the texture is jpg? or does the file type matter?

I was playing around with the checkmarks. Should the object change as soon as I uncheck the box(es)? I did that several times, and the person does not change. Is it because the texture is jpg? or does the file type matter?

I fixed it. Hurray! Thanks a bunch to the both of you!

How did you fix it? I'm trying to reskin the LA Mod Ladder Truck. I've done other vehicles, but the ladder truck is throwing me for a loop. I did the same settings as my other vehicles, but I'm getting that shine on the ladder when I don't get it on other vehicles.

Using Photoshop CS5, I see that for example the Battalion Chief vehicle does not have an Alpha Channel - but the ladder truck does when I open it. I've tried exporting with No Alpha, with 1 Bit Alpha, with DELETING the Alpha Layer, all to no avail.

Attaching a screen capture of the ladder and Batt. Chief vehicles I reskinned - you can clearly see the difference.

ModProblem_zpsddd322b4.jpg Edit - new link for the pic

Any Ideas? HELP!

Is that model specific? As you can see the Batt. Chief vehicle I edited didn't do the reflection. I'm still learning the editor, can you point me where I would find the Alpha Reflections thing? Thanks for the help!

EDIT - I'm on the right track now. I found the Alpha Reflections in the editor, and turned that off and things look better, but I had also played with my Alpha Channel in the Photoshop file, and now my bucket is transparent. I think I have an idea what I did there.

THANKS FOR THE HELP!

EDIT 2 - OK, maybe I'm not totally on the right track. When I turn off the Alpha Reflections, the model looks fine, but the BUCKET on the ladder goes TRANSPARENT! I didn't know Scotty from Star Trek worked on Fire Trucks and made parts of them with Transparent Aluminium!

ARGH! Anyone else have any ideas? Has anyone else run into this with reskinning the Ladder from LA Mod?

Edit 3 - So the answer was staring me in the face - EDIT THE BUCKET! Then it got the same reflection, and turning off Alpha Reflections fixed BOTH of them!

OK, think I'm done editing, hope that helps anyone else who runs into a similar thing.

Edited by n00bingtarget