foffler

Some stuff for my mod

I was wondering how I would go about creating:

• A Flashlight that emits light when you turn it on. Any unit could get this from any non-civilian vehicle.
  • A Phone that has options to call the following units: Ambulance, Fire Engine, Police Car, Swat. Any unit could get this from any non-civilian vehicle. It would just be a model held up to the persons ear, then those options would come up.
  • A Rocket Launcher (Is this even possible?) using the in game models that makes a car sized explosion when it hits. It would start fires and be able to hit anything.
  • A Grenade (Again, is this even possible?) using in game models that makes yet again, a car sized explosion.
  • Commandeering. I want my police units to be able to get in to any parked car (or just ones i specify) and be able to take them and drive them. They would just have standard controls.

I do hope you can help!

Thanks. I am a complete newbie to scripting!

I was wondering how I would go about creating:

• A Flashlight that emits light when you turn it on. Any unit could get this from any non-civilian vehicle.
  • A Phone that has options to call the following units: Ambulance, Fire Engine, Police Car, Swat. Any unit could get this from any non-civilian vehicle. It would just be a model held up to the persons ear, then those options would come up.
  • A Rocket Launcher (Is this even possible?) using the in game models that makes a car sized explosion when it hits. It would start fires and be able to hit anything.
  • A Grenade (Again, is this even possible?) using in game models that makes yet again, a car sized explosion.
  • Commandeering. I want my police units to be able to get in to any parked car (or just ones i specify) and be able to take them and drive them. They would just have standard controls.

I do hope you can help!

Thanks. I am a complete newbie to scripting!

Point 1: You can make a new object that will create a headlight type effect for the person when they have it. There are many ways to go about this, they all require scripts though. The easiest way lacks getting to use a get flashlight command, but is just to give the person a floodlight command, and place a special light on him, so when you press the floodlight command it turns on the light. Haven't tested it, but I do believe it would work... At least from memory.

Point 2: That's a lot of scripting and modelling, for the extra asethitic appeal, it's not worth it.

Point 3: Rocket launchers are possible I think, but to use a regular weapon, it's not worth the damage it'd cause.

Point 4: Again, in theory yes, but practically, it's useless.

Point 5: That's a lot of scripting to make every unit in the game driveable.

Looks to me like you want GTA but sadly for you, this game isn't GTA. Buy GTA, and download an ASI loader, get some mods and play the game, you cannot make this into GTA. For the effort it'd take to do it, there will be another GTA by then.

Looks to me like you want GTA but sadly for you, this game isn't GTA. Buy GTA, and download an ASI loader, get some mods and play the game, you cannot make this into GTA. For the effort it'd take to do it, there will be another GTA by then.

lol XD i dont even like gta.

lol XD i dont even like gta.

He is just being honest with you when it comes to practical application vs. what you wish... GTA is what your demands are more in line with, this game unfortunately the more you want the more you ave to trigger via script...Whether or not a script fires on time or not is totally depending on the computer speed of the end-user computer.... If it's too weak it will not fire every command on-time, if it's too fast it'll breeze by things it should do to trigger an event.... welcome to EM4.. It sucks.

ok forget the other stuff. how do i make a flashlight? thats all i really care about. and maybe the grenade for the military in la mod? adapt the built in grenade and make it have proper explosion?

There is too much work to be done, you will need a team of experts in graphic designing, modeling, scripting, etc. It would take months to create this so I'm going to wish you luck and hope that you do succeed in creating your 'Dream' mod :)

----

Greg