groovybluedog

How do I delete unwanted vehicles SAFELY?

Hi All,

After fiddlin' with vehicle XML files, and reading many threads about modding, I was just thinking of getting rid of vehicles which are useless. Useless to me of course, but things like... Is it CHPD? The cops in cream uniform? I don't need them as I have LAPD, for example. I want to remove these from the game, however I am unsure what files to delete to get rid of the vehicles safely. I don't know if they are linked up to a script like PHP can be... Deleting the vehicle under "Units" may mess with a script, thus causing game issues.

What files must I delete to delete a vehicle safely?

Regards

-Groovy

To remove it from the game, go into the freeplaybase file in specs.. You need ot do this for deluxe again if you have that, and delete that line of text for that unit. Bam it's out of freeplay. To remove it from missions, you just go into the Unit.xml in it's unit folder (mod:units/vehicle/02LA Police/Unit folder) and delete all the numbers from in between the quotations in one of the top few lines

Thanks! Thats good as I can re-enable it in future. For that file I only know the count changes the amount of vehicles of each you get on load, but never knew what would happen if I removed it. One issue. Not all vehicles are in that file. Hm... In the unit XML for each vehicle there is a "freeplay" section. I know freeplay is mission 22 - Would removing 22 from the freeplay part of the XML work too?

Also, Ill ask here instead of another thread. Is it possible to enable vehicles too? The old police heli, Secret service, ect, are all "hidden" from freeplay. I know they are their as some commands can call them - They simply don't appear on the dispatch menu to the left. How can I display them?

Thanks again,

-Groovy

If you look in the freeplay base (using Notepad++) you'll see lines that are green, just remove the <!-- part off of it until it turns not green, and looks like the rest, once that's gone it's back in freeplay

If you just play freeplay then you should be able to get away with just editting the freeplay base. Any units you can buy in freeplay are in this list, if they aren't there, they are not in game.

Any units that can be re-enabled, hoppah has put the <!-- thing around it to make it easier to enable

O.o The "dozen_transporter" is the only disabled one. How come I found the old LAPD helicopter ingame and its not in that list? (Unless I got names mixed up) - I also see how to disable too. Just add the "comment/ignore" <!-- xxx --> tags like in HTML or PHP. ;P

Thanks a hellovva' lot!

While on the topic of vehicles, I have been using this tutorial for a while now:

Their is a bit for equipment, Where things like roadblocks and fire extinguishers are. How come flares, cones, barricades, guns and shields are not their for the vehicles that use them? O.o