Texas_DPS

LA Mod 2.0.2 OMO (Oringinal Map Overhaul) Submod

Here is my reference for station 51, or one of many.

http://www.lacountyfire.com/modules.php?name=Stations&stat=showStationdetail&stationNo=51

Right now it will be the HES untill I get zmod out and chop some stuff up. Zmod doesnt like my laptop and that is where I am currently modding from. My desktop started smooking yesterday so I need to start the search for a new one. The work still continues, nothing is effected.

Here is my reference for station 51, or one of many.

http://www.lacountyfire.com/modules.php?name=Stations&stat=showStationdetail&stationNo=51

Right now it will be the HES untill I get zmod out and chop some stuff up. Zmod doesnt like my laptop and that is where I am currently modding from. My desktop started smooking yesterday so I need to start the search for a new one. The work still continues, nothing is effected.

At first it sounded like you were going to use the Station 51 from emergency (Station 127) and just add modern units to it. Oh well it sounds cool anyway.

Are you going to be removing the units that are not in the stations and not really needed like the LAX Crash Tender and the Light Equipment Vehicle, and Swift Water Rescue. and have it so its just primary vehicles. Also will the units be just reskinned units or completely new units that are exact replicas of their real life counterparts.

How about combining LAPD and LASD in one building but on oppesite sides of the building? Not sure if thats how they do it in LA but in my county the county pd and sd are in 1 large building but are split one on each end and a jail in the rear. That could save some modding and editing making 2 departments just combine them ???

@ Station27 I would love to have station 127 (station 51 for Emergency!). I have thought about it and have been looking at some possibilities for the station. It will not be in the first release but maybe on the second release.

I was planning on keeping all the units in the mod so people can still play the base missions and the LA Mod missions. I have some ideas for missions strictly for the units/stations I have but I don’t want to take away from the original mod.

Some of the base vehicles will be reskinned to be equipment from other resources outside of the map. I don’t think I will do a lot of them but some so if you need to call for backup you wont get a engine from 50 miles away. Also with the units, for the first release they will be as close as I can get them with what is in the LA Mod, but after that they will be as close to the real thing as possible. Squad 51 will go from a 4 door Ford to a standard 2 door for example.

@ ChrisGA I never gave combining LAPD and LASD. I could look into that. I could also have them use the same parking lot just have different buildings on each side. That idea might actually make it into the mod. That is a really good idea.

@ Station27 I would love to have station 127 (station 51 for Emergency!). I have thought about it and have been looking at some possibilities for the station. It will not be in the first release but maybe on the second release.

I was planning on keeping all the units in the mod so people can still play the base missions and the LA Mod missions. I have some ideas for missions strictly for the units/stations I have but I don’t want to take away from the original mod.

Some of the base vehicles will be reskinned to be equipment from other resources outside of the map. I don’t think I will do a lot of them but some so if you need to call for backup you wont get a engine from 50 miles away. Also with the units, for the first release they will be as close as I can get them with what is in the LA Mod, but after that they will be as close to the real thing as possible. Squad 51 will go from a 4 door Ford to a standard 2 door for example.

@ ChrisGA I never gave combining LAPD and LASD. I could look into that. I could also have them use the same parking lot just have different buildings on each side. That idea might actually make it into the mod. That is a really good idea.

You should make some custom events that happen during freeplay. Such as: Fire_Alarm with or without fire. Fallen tree during storm. Also you should customize the people there should be LAFD Firefighters and Paramedics and there should be LACoFD ones. The Battalion Chiefs should be different so that can only call units from their department. For Example: LACoFD Battalion on Scene of a Building Fire and needs LAFD assistance. So LACoFD Battalion has an option to send an LAFD battalion to the scene. Only he can call LAFD units. The Battalion Chief Commands should have the Actual Unit numbers to call each individual unit. Also for station alarms is there going to be a different sound for every station or just 1 for all. For LACoFD you should use the old 2 + 2 Tones.

Attatched are the audio files right off of the LACoFD website its for Stations 8 and 127.

Station 8:008.mp3

Station 127: 127.mp3

This will be awesome DPS. I like your ideas and think it will turn out to be a great success.

I had some ideas a while back wrote down that I was going to try to do myself, when I find them, I'll let you know them.

sounds like a great mod! idk if this is possible but i never really liked the whole idea of the FD units pulling in the rear of the station, imo i think it would be more realistic if the engines backed into quarters. idk if LAFD pull into the rear or not? and if possible on the control pannel maybe have the option of opening doors seperatly instead of all 4 opening at once? just a couple of thoughts to be expanded on :nixweiss: but in all looks like its going to be a great mod keep up the good work!

Do you not think 4 stations is a bit too many?

Nope, not at all. I would rather have a small station in each area of the map then one huge and one small.... 3 - 4 bay fire stations in each quadrant of the map and it would be just perfect imo.

I think it would be nice to have the hospital and police station more central on the map if possible.

What would be neat is when you drive off the map to another map. And a different map @ each side of the map. It probably can be done. Than you can have more stations and more equipment.

Ok, look at GTA4, about 4 islands right? Why not on this game. Each GTA4 map is at least double the size of 911FR maps.