Texas_DPS

LA Mod 2.0.2 OMO (Oringinal Map Overhaul) Submod

Hello everyone. I am now announcing the beginning of a new submod for LA Mod 2.0.2. I am calling this submod LA Mod 2.0.2 Original Map Overhaul or OMO. I have worked out some of the things I wanted to accomplish and am now presenting the beginnings to you now.

I have worked out the scripts for three (3) working fire stations. I still don’t know how I am going to staff them as of right now but this is just the beginning. I have also worked out the basics for a police station control panel that spawns police and swat officers so you don’t have to purchase them. I also am thinking about the idea of making the resources kind of limited so you don’t go crazy and have 40 cop cars and extra fire trucks running around (not that I think you guys do).

The fire stations I want to use are the ones from Hollywood. I plan on using LAFD and LACoFD. I don’t know if I want 2 LA stations (60 and 89) and 1 LACo (51) or just make my own. I am also playing with the idea of realistic police units. I would like to have 3 police stations for the different types (LAPD, LASD and CHP).

For the LAPD I would only use the Charger (B/W), Crown Vic (B/W) and the motorcycle as the primary units.

For the LASD I would only use the Charger (B/W) and the Crown Vic (B/W) as the primary units.

For the CHP I would use the Charger (B/W & W) and the Crown Vic (B/W & W) as the primary units.

For the LAFD Its only Ambulance 860, Truck 60, Foam 60, Engine 89, Truck 89 and Engine 289.

For the LACoFD Its only Engine 8, Engine 208, Quint 8 (Tiller), Squad 8, Engine 51, Squad 51 and Patrol 51.

I would also have some reserve Vintage ambulances at the hospital that you could have pick up patients.

There are also some plans for the map. I plan on adding some of the new things that you see on the new map. I know for a fact that I am adding the strip mall somewhere as well as change how the overall look of the map is.

I might add or change the fire stations at any time, depends on how it all plays out. I am also looking for some suggestions for fire stations or ideas about anything. And on the ideas, I would like them as realistic as possible, to a extent. Nothing outlandish or crazy, that’s what I do.

* Note *

This post will be edited from time to time as the mod changes and gets to a kind of completion. There will be releases of this mod as it progresses. All releases will be stable and tested.

#no testers are needed at this time#

Screenshots

if you look at the stations that i have chosen they are in the Hollywood area. i will research LACo station 33 and see what i can get.

LACo station 33 is in Battalion 11, I dont mind the extra work but I think I will keep it around Battalion 1.

So Ill ask about how many Co fire stations and which ones. The choises are station 7, station 8, station 38, station 51, station 58 and station 110.

Also for the LAFD I would like to know how many stations and which ones. For the LAFD its a little easier, they are station 60, station 86 and station 89.

once these are hashed out I will release the first version with the fire stations and maybe a little somthing extra.

if you look at the stations that i have chosen they are in the Hollywood area. i will research LACo station 33 and see what i can get.

LACo station 33 is in Battalion 11, I dont mind the etra work but I think I will keep it around Battalion 1.

So Ill ask about how many Co fire stations and which ones. The choises are station 7, station 8, station 38, station 51, station 58 and station 110.

Also for the LAFD I would like to know how many stations and which ones. For the LAFD its a little easier, they are station 60, station 86 and station 89.

once these are hashed out I will release the first version with the fire stations and maybe a little somthing extra.

You should make 4 stations if possible or if you want two LAFD stations and two LACoFD stations from Emergency! The Small Station 51 and the Large Station 10 from the pilot of Emergency! also if you do Station 51 will there be the old Dodge Squad and Ward LaFrance/Crown Engine.

I could do four stations. 2 from each side. That would be LAFD Stations 60 and 89 / LACoFD stations 8 and 51. How does that sound to everyone?

There will not be old units, I will use the ones they have right now or get as close as possible. I think someone else is making a Emergency! mod for em4.

I could do four stations. 2 from each side. That would be LAFD Stations 60 and 89 / LACoFD stations 8 and 51. How does that sound to everyone?

There will not be old units, I will use the ones they have right now or get as close as possible. I think someone else is making a Emergency! mod for em4.

I LOVE IT!!!!!

and yes helljumper51 is making an emergency! mod. progress is slow because he lacks a scripter

I think 4 is overkill to be honest. I like the idea of LACoFD station 51, but why do you need a huge one if you already have 1 other county one, and another big LAFD one?

Just keep the LAFD stations, then put Station 51 in the corner by the hospital.

Well, compared to the size of the map, I think 4 is way too much. Especially if he's planning to have 1 big station and 1 small station for each LAFD and LACoFD.

I say just stick with 3. 4 is too much. You'd a have all the fire stations about 1/2 mile from each other, lol.

I think I have Locations for all four stations. The Stations will be resembled as close as possible, ie 3 bay, 4 bay. I think that will make for a good V1. When I Finish researching, skinning and reworking the freeplay map I will test and release.

I plan on releasing a new version either after a department is worked out or there is a major change in the map.

Future releases will have changes to the map itself, adding a LASD and CHP station as well as reworking the LAPD station. All will be in good taste and I think you all will like it. There will not be a big group of vehicles. There will be 3 to 5 fire truck per station, 5 chp cars, 3 lasd cars and probably 10 +/- LAPD. The LAPD will be a little bigger because of the SWAT team. I still dont know if I want to split the SWAT team up between the LAPD and LASD. I will see when I get there.

As always suggestions are always thought about, but never dismissed. ie I wanted LACoFD station 110 and 51, but there was a ruling about station 8. So it be written it shall be. I am a man of my word.

One more thing to think about is for the three PD stations do you want to have a separate control panel to spawn the distinct station personnel or just the LAPD?

I think I have Locations for all four stations. The Stations will be resembled as close as possible, ie 3 bay, 4 bay. I think that will make for a good V1. When I Finish researching, skinning and reworking the freeplay map I will test and release.

I plan on releasing a new version either after a department is worked out or there is a major change in the map.

Future releases will have changes to the map itself, adding a LASD and CHP station as well as reworking the LAPD station. All will be in good taste and I think you all will like it. There will not be a big group of vehicles. There will be 3 to 5 fire truck per station, 5 chp cars, 3 lasd cars and probably 10 +/- LAPD. The LAPD will be a little bigger because of the SWAT team. I still dont know if I want to split the SWAT team up between the LAPD and LASD. I will see when I get there.

As always suggestions are always thought about, but never dismissed. ie I wanted LACoFD station 110 and 51, but there was a ruling about station 8. So it be written it shall be. I am a man of my word.

One more thing to think about is for the three PD stations do you want to have a separate control panel to spawn the distinct station personnel or just the LAPD?

Hey Texas, your saying 3-5 trucks max... now does this include ambulance as well... if your not including ambulance in on this then I think you might have to many trucks... I can understand having, Engine, Truck, USRA... or Engine Ladder... or Engine Truck.

The one thing I do every map currently is get rid off two Engines out of the main fire station... to me that is not realistic. Personally I would only have three fire vehicles at the max in each station... not including ambulances..

But hey man this is your submod and I will play it either way :)

The vehicle count includes all vehicles at the station. As stated in my first post there is only going to be 13 fire units on the map to start with (that includes the one ambulance that station 60 has). I have some moding knowledge and I am going to use some of the fire stations provided by the base LA Mod and then I am going to use some others to fill in what I need. There will be no big fire station on the map. I also need to mention that at the hospital there will be 2 McCormick ambulances to support the LACoFD. McCormick has the contract in Battalion 1 (stations 8 and 51),

I understand the concern for maybe there being too many fire vehicles on the map but if you look at having all the vehicles in the stations for the base LA Mod there are 13. If you add the 2 ambulances at the hospital there will only be 15, 13 at the stations and 2 at the hospital.

With the station placing there is one in each corner of the map. There will be LAFD and LACoFD on each side of the map for balance. They each have their own services and I think it adds to the mod.

i vote 1 at each individual pd station and really like adding the mcCormick to the hospital