MCERT1

WARNING: FORUM SPAMMED

...since the content is inappropriate for minors.

Does that mean you've actually gone to one of the links to see what it was? If I were you, I'd check your computer with a good virus scanner as soon as you can if you haven't already.

Best thing to do is either ignore shady looking topic titles, or if you go to them, just report, and ignore until a mod can delete them.

I remember in the past that that there was spam come from the same or the same few or similar IP addresses. With all this spam starting to come in at once the past few days, I wonder if it's like last time we're it was all coming from the same place.

Hey!

This is slightly of-topic, but i have seen this kind of spamming here to, so i will post this anyway.

If someone posts a link on a forum, especially if it's the first post of that account, and if it's a bit.ly link, you really shouldn't click the link. It might be some bad site that you will end up on. You can check the suspicious webpage by going to www.mywot.com and searching for the webpage here. My wot is a webpage that tells you if an other webpage is safe or not. It's based on voting, so there might be some false information, but I haven't noticed this.

Just write a url in the searchbar (on mywot.com) and you will see a so called scorecard. The scorecard tells you what other people think about that webpage.

If someone posts a link on any forum and the message seems suspicious, this is a good way to check out if the webpage really is safe.

Oh, and also remember, that links may be different then they look. The link might have a name that looks like something else, like my link up there, (www.mywot.com) but the name of the link says nothing about where you will end up clicking on it. A good way to check this is to rightclick the link and choose "copy link" and then paste it anywhere and you will see the actual url. Try this with my link (My links name is www.mywot.com, but the url is http://www.mywot.com/)!