Simeony

LASoundPack

Hi Guys..

After playing 2012 which got boring pretty quick, I discovered EM4 with LA Mod...

Thanks hoppah for putting the time and effort in to this wonderful mod..

4x4 submod of la mod is epic.. though I cant wait for his woods map release..

Just thought I would Share my Private SoundMod with everyone.

All my sounds are taken from individual Samples from LA Videos(rescue991.de)/Siren manufactures websites.

Manufactures for:

Federal Signal Smart Siren

Grover 1510 horn

Federal Q2

Omega 90 Dual modes

Carson sa361

Radio Voice Sounds were sampled from LA Police traffic recordings.

Sounds were then compiled together in Adobe Soundboard with certain effects added.

----------------------------------------------------

DOWNLOAD

http://www.mediafire.com/?kl2tkieing09hlc

----------------------------------------------------

LASoundPack v1.5 17/01/2011

Changes:

- 2 New and improved firetruck compilations - one just with Q2 and Horn the other with Carson wail Q2 and Horn. Also made them louder

- I forgot to add police chopper evacuate sound before. However this is edited from the original

- Start of Ambulance wail chopped to add a slight more difference

LASoundPack v1.0 16/01/2011

All New Sounds for sirens

Male Action Voices

To Install

Extract and overwrite to ur LA Mod Folders Audio

Mods\Los Angeles Mod v2.0\Audio

Fire:

siren 1

siren 2

Ambulance:

Siren 3

Siren 4

police:

Siren 5

Siren 6

You obviously didn't do your research because your 3rd siren has the priority tone and the 4th siren has an electronic air horn. Any siren in California has to be under 400 cycles per minute (this means that the priority tone is actually illegal) and the LAPD does not use electronic air horns on their patrol cars.

its just a game... :gaehnen:

Based on LAFD/LAPD Videos I seen on youtube by wwwrescue911de I found the nearest sounds that I could sample/use.

Also based on the equipment used, samples where taken from manufactures websites..

Plus I live in England not LA so I wouldn't know such laws or facts

You obviously didn't do your research because your 3rd siren has the priority tone and the 4th siren has an electronic air horn. Any siren in California has to be under 400 cycles per minute (this means that the priority tone is actually illegal) and the LAPD does not use electronic air horns on their patrol cars.

its just a game... :gaehnen:

Based on LAFD/LAPD Videos I seen on youtube by wwwrescue911de I found the nearest sounds that I could sample/use.

Also based on the equipment used, samples where taken from manufactures websites..

Plus I live in England not LA so I wouldn't know such laws or facts

Not to mention you don't have to use it if you don't want to. He thought he'd share something that he's worked on and is proud of. If it's not 'period correct', then oh well. It doesn't have to be.

Lighten up Billy

exactly..

thanks swatlord.. lol a nice welcome to the forums eh! first thing I share! i just thought people might benefit from better clarity sounds than voices and sirens they might have. :cheers-mate:

Still have many different mixes, also made the siren 1 and 2 more louder. Any constructive feedback is welcome :flagwave:

exactly..

thanks swatlord.. lol a nice welcome to the forums eh! first thing I share! i just thought people might benefit from better clarity sounds than voices and sirens they might have. :cheers-mate:

Still have many different mixes, also made the siren 1 and 2 more louder. Any constructive feedback is welcome :flagwave:

Absolutely, welcome and thank you for your contribution to this creative genre.

Never use sirens from manufacture sites --- they sound awful. Just record off Youtube or in person. Nonetheless, good job, even though i haven't tried them, kudos to effort.

I actually have to disagree. The few i have listed to(namely just the Timberwolf Mechanical Siren comes to mind), I would rather have it from the manufactures site as you get a clean siren sound with out all the distortion and other sounds like people yapping or engine noise,etc. I suppose it comes down to which style you like more.

thanx little Covie glad you like them.. :)

Hay CFD... when I first changed the sounds, I recorded off youtube and i had engine noise in the background sounded cool but got boring very quickly.. so decided to spend a day on it doing it properly.

My background is digital media designer so i wouldn't choose crappy sound samples ;)

I found a video on youtube with a guy using the sound pack. Although hes not using the Voice Pack that i made with it.. but you get an idea for the sirens

hay 4x4 hope your feeling better i remember seeing your post in the woods map about falling ill :(

Cheers

Si

thanx little Covie glad you like them.. :)

Hay CFD... when I first changed the sounds, I recorded off youtube and i had engine noise in the background sounded cool but got boring very quickly.. so decided to spend a day on it doing it properly.

My background is digital media designer so i wouldn't choose crappy sound samples ;)

I found a video on youtube with a guy using the sound pack. Although hes not using the Voice Pack that i made with it.. but you get an idea for the sirens

hay 4x4 hope your feeling better i remember seeing your post in the woods map about falling ill :(

Cheers

Si

I made that video i'm ThePoliceFreak on youtube

Nice video, which light mod are the ones used on the video where the headlights on the fire trucks are alternating?

I used PRL 1.9.4

I have changes some of the lights.

But most of the lights are from PRL 1.9.4