Ray the Wise

Technical Help

I accidentally a file called "Vbase71.dll". The whole file! And now my game won't even start up. It gives me some kind of weird error message written in German. I'll tell you what, when I read something written in German, I always hear it in my head as someone shouting. Not that I understand what it means anyway...

Is this bad?

I swear to God, I've only had problems with this stupid software ever since all the hype you boys generate here made me buy it. Shame on you.

I see your point, I did actually try that. But see, the issue is that I accidentally the file from the whole registry. So popping in the CD won't help.

Not to be a grammar cop here but won't or didn't? Weather you deleted the file or the file and registry entries, then the repair option should fix it. If not, reinstall.

That's the issue! I used the repair option numerous times, I even reinstalled the game twice, to no avail. The fact of the matter is, I accidentally something in the registry about that file and now "Vbase71.dll", even after a clean install.

Also, circumstance emoticon: :machkaputt:

I swear to God, I've only had problems with this stupid software ever since all the hype you boys generate here made me buy it. Shame on you.

LOL!!! :lach: :lach:

If YOU delete a important file, it isn't really anybody else's than your's fault!

I accidentally a file called "Vbase71.dll". The whole file! And now my game won't even start up. It gives me some kind of weird error message written in German. I'll tell you what, when I read something written in German, I always hear it in my head as someone shouting. Not that I understand what it means anyway...

Is this bad?

Ah I see, this is a minor error, and can be resolved simply by deleting system 32 from your hardrive and restarting.