swatlord

PASS alarm for firefighter down

So I've been looking at replacing the groaning and whining that a wounded firefighter does with a PASS alarm sound. I have the alarm as a .wav, I looked in the editor and found that all firefighters use voice 2. I looked up voice '2' in the LA Mod folders and found that the stock 'injured' sound did not reside there. I then went to the stock 911FR folders and found another voice '2' folder. I replaced both the injured sounds with my .wav and started the game. Sadly, these did not work.I tried doing this with all three voice folders (0-2) and this didn't seem to fix it. Am I looking in the wrong place?

make sure your sound is at the same bit rate which is 768 kbps for all the LA mod audio

Bit rate is irrelevant. Look at the LA Mod sirens. They are not 768 kbps. Some are 706 and some are 35. They just have to be Mono WAV.

Now as for the pass alarm, I could be wrong here, but even if you find the sound file, I think your idea is flawed because, and I could be wrong, all injured people use the same set of sounds. So if you put a pass alarm in, when normal civilians go down, there going to be beeping the same as if a FF goes down. Like I said, I could be wrong. I will try to look in to this more latter and confirm it as I do not have enough time atm.

Bit rate is irrelevant. Look at the LA Mod sirens. They are not 768 kbps. Some are 706 and some are 35. They just have to be Mono WAV.

Now as for the pass alarm, I could be wrong here, but even if you find the sound file, I think your idea is flawed because, and I could be wrong, all injured people use the same set of sounds. So if you put a pass alarm in, when normal civilians go down, there going to be beeping the same as if a FF goes down. Like I said, I could be wrong. I will try to look in to this more latter and confirm it as I do not have enough time atm.

I thought the same thing, but I took a look at the individuals in the editor and found that different types of people use different voices (0-2). According to the editor, firefighters use voice 2. As an example, I believe police use voice 0

Here is what I've got so far - http://rapidshare.com/files/441883883/pass_alarm_wav2.wav

I thought the same thing, but I took a look at the individuals in the editor and found that different types of people use different voices (0-2). According to the editor, firefighters use voice 2. As an example, I believe police use voice 0

Here is what I've got so far - http://rapidshare.com/files/441883883/pass_alarm_wav2.wav

But what about civilians? I imagine some use voice 2. So you would have to check every single civilian person in the mods, and every person model in the game period to make sure only FFs use voice 2. Not hard to do just time consuming.

But what about civilians? I imagine some use voice 2. So you would have to check every single civilian person in the mods, and every person model in the game period to make sure only FFs use voice 2. Not hard to do just time consuming.

Quite possibly. I'll take a look at what the civilians do, but so far I can't anyone to make the sound in the game. They just revert back to the original sounds. it's not even like there's just silence (which would be indicative of a bad bit rate or something)