Xandarb

Great computer speed-up software!

So. I post this because I have noticed that some people have quite old computers and often experience lag in this game. So I will now recommend 2 Free programs that will help you speed up your computer. This really worked and helped me a lot with my semi-old computer. I use Windows Xp.

So the first program is CCleaner. cc_64.png

This is quite similar to windows "Disk Cleanup" tool that comes with the windows installation, but it's faster, better and it also covers removing a few program's trash-files that take up disk space. Another feature in this program is that it can clean up your Registry! This is very useful, since old, uninstalled programs may have left some trash in you registry.

Using this tool made my computer much faster, since my registry hasn't been cleaned before.

Too little free disk space has always been a problem for me and especially on my older computers so this will probably help you to.

Download CCleaner here!

The second program that i am going to recommend is Defraggler. df_64.png(Not useable if you have a SSD hard-drive!)

This program is also quite similar to a defragger that comes with a windows installation. But, this program will do the same work but it will do it faster and a lot better. It can also have a Scheduled defrag (I know, vista and 7 can also have a scheduled defrag).

But the main feature is that it's a lot better that Window's defragger, and even after a defragmentation with the windows-defragger, this program tells you that there is still 10% defragmentation on your disk and after that it defraggs it.

I definately recommend this program! This helped me a lot and speeded up my computer with about 20%!

Download Defraggler here!

Both programs are developed by Piriform. Thanks Piriform!

logo.png

Hope that this helped you!

Xandarb

Defraggler is good to. I dont usually defrag my drives, but I recently moved tons(probably a TB or so) worth of data around on my rig and accidentally formatted one hard drive as well(long story) so I figured it was time to clean up the drives and defragler did an excellent job.

BTW, got a WD 2 TB Caviar Green for X-Mas bringing me up to just under 6 TB of storage! :)

BTW, got a WD 2 TB Caviar Green for X-Mas bringing me up to just under 6 TB of storage! :)

Thats a lot of pr0n.

I have a 2tb hard drive that I split 50/50 half having linux the other hold other files like WoW. It's Hitachi I think.

On windows I use iobit software. I noticed a small improvement after using it to clean up files.

Thats a lot of pr0n.

Nope not p0rn, thats all stashed within just 1 of my 1 TB HDDs. :P

On windows I use iobit software. I noticed a small improvement after using it to clean up files.

Smart Defrag? I like this utility as well because, although on newerer PCs its not really needed, you can set it to auto defrag when the PC has been idle for X amount of time.

My 750 GB Seagate thats about 2 years old died on me, well almost died on me, so had to replace that one. Got another WD 2 TB Caviar Green HDD. It was DOA though. :( Once the RMA comes in, I will be boosting my storage capacity to 6 GB! 720p HD Rips FTW! piratesmiley5692898.gif