Ferras

I want to learn how to script.

As topic states, I want to learn how to script, but how would I go about doing it? Are there any tutorials or programs that could help me learn? I know very little on this topic but I want to give it a shot. Is there any advice/tips/help or anything that may help me in the future?

Your best bet, is look at a mod like Hoppah's LA Mod, look through the .script files (open with Notepad, or notepad++) and then see what you can gather from it. This is one of the easier languages to learn, so pick through and try to find out what you can and can't figure out.. Check the map for corresponding obejcts and you'll start to figure out how to put in what items can do this and blah blah blah.

Like for instance, to call a person from the side door would require a spawn point for persons, as well as a button. You make the script so when said button is pushed, Unit ZYX spawns at said point and moves forward to wherever, say to get into a truck. You'd need to identify the units, points and button, then tell the computer what to do.

Sounds confusing, but after a while you'll catch on.. I'd recommend looking at his station script first. Just learn how to create a spawn point for that unit and a buttom to make him go back there ;) That's the easiet one probably for you to learn. Nothing super complicated...

After that, you can learn to make the doors move, and then learn how to create units to run to it, etc etc. After a while, you're doing good! :)