wasim12

LAFD's new engine?

Hey all, I recently saw 98's new engine (shown below) and was wondering about it. I tried looking up online for any info about it but couldnt find anything. Is is a test engine, or are there more coming up? Also, I saw they have a new truck but it looks about the same as the 2007 American La France. Any people from LA who know anything about it please inform. Thanks!

LAFD Engine 98 Stands Ready

Hey all, I recently saw 98's new engine (shown below) and was wondering about it. I tried looking up online for any info about it but couldnt find anything. Is is a test engine, or are there more coming up? Also, I saw they have a new truck but it looks about the same as the 2007 American La France. Any people from LA who know anything about it please inform. Thanks!

LAFD Engine 98 Stands Ready

That's one of the new KMEs that were recently delivered, and unless you can tell us what the new truck is and it's number (the one that looks like the 2007 ALF), we can't really help you.

LAFD currently has two new KME pumpers assigned to E98 and E27. I believe they're part of a trial so if City likes them they'll buy more.

LAFD also took delivery of four new 2009 ALF TDAs a few months ago. Only one has been assigned so far and that is T98. I believe the other ones are going to 29's, 39's and 88's. All three of those stations are running old Simon Duplex LTI trucks.

http://www.flickr.co...lafd/5242720879

98's has a new enigine and truck.

LAFD also has 41 new RAs on order from Braun Northwest.

A side note, County just ordered 12 new engines, 2 new trucks, and a fuel tender, all from KME.

LAFD currently has two new KME pumpers assigned to E98 and E27. I believe they're part of a trial so if City likes them they'll buy more.

LAFD also took delivery of four new 2008 ALF TDAs a few months ago. Only one has been assigned so far and that is T98. I believe the other ones are going to 29's, 39's and 88's. All three of those stations are running old Simon Duplex LTI trucks.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lafd/5242720879

98's has a new enigine and truck.

LAFD also has 41 new RAs on order from Braun Northwest.

A side note, County just ordered 12 new engines, 2 new trucks, and a fuel tender, all from KME.

Oh, ok thanks a lot, its about time we get some new engines, my boys @ 106 are still using the old pierce '99 as a frontline.

Oh, ok thanks a lot, its about time we get some new engines, my boys @ 106 are still using the old pierce '99 as a frontline.

The funny thing is that both the KME engines replaced fairly new engines. Both E27 and E98 were in 2005 Pierce rigs. Those 2005 rigs were bumped down to E298 and E227. I'm not sure where the old E298 and E227 went.

The funny thing is that both the KME engines replaced fairly new engines. Both E27 and E98 were in 2005 Pierce rigs. Those 2005 rigs were bumped down to E298 and E227. I'm not sure where the old E298 and E227 went.

Yea, they're giving them new engines when they already have the new ones. Could've given it to some station using an older model. Maybe because both those stations are busy though.

Were is the City & County getting all this money? LA County is finishing up replacing the Squads as well. The Squads are 2010 Dodge 3500 with a clean idle engine. They are pretty but also very expensive as well.

4755480111_102bce8464.jpg

Station 111 got their new Squad three days ago. Their the last station in BT 6 to get a new squad while 73 got theirs 11 months ago.Also may inmate FF Sanchez rest in peace. He was killed in the camp crew rollover on Thanksgiving week.

Were is the City & County getting all this money? LA County is finishing up replacing the Squads as well. The Squads are 2010 Dodge 3500 with a clean idle engine. They are pretty but also very expensive as well.

IT'S SPARKELY!!!!!!!!!!1111one!!!!1111111

BTW good to hear from you ricky.

Station 111 got their new Squad three days ago. Their the last station in BT 6 to get a new squad while 73 got theirs 11 months ago.Also may inmate FF Sanchez rest in peace. He was killed in the camp crew rollover on Thanksgiving week.

County always seems to have something on order. Every time you turn around they're buying new engines.

City buys stuff every year but nowhere near the volume of County. The last major purchase by LAFD was 19 new RAs on a Dodge RAM 4500. Before that it was 4 TDAs from ALF and the two KME engines.

http://www.braunnorthwest.com/popup.php?id=492&pid=14939

Thanks, Wow City going to type 1. AMR looking for a type 1 to replace the type 2 in LACo this one should do. They want a unit that can have an RV A/C on it for the socal summers, and to put a generator on it as well to provide power on scene.

It will be weird seeing LAFD's RAs being dodge not ford though..

Its weird seeing the squads are back to being Dodges too.

Man tender 77 was up in SCV last month because of a 2 acre fire. Man you can see that beast a mile away.

Didnt LA end up ordering 15 engines from KME if memory serves me right? The new Dode HES look great but the new Dodge Ambulances look like a POS imo. The rounded cab of the dodge doesnt mesh well with the solid box shape on the back. I realize its not baout looks, but seriously thats just ugly imo(I saw pics of one exactly like the LA RAs but for another department, still from Braughn though).

Didnt LA end up ordering 15 engines from KME if memory serves me right? The new Dode HES look great but the new Dodge Ambulances look like a POS imo. The rounded cab of the dodge doesnt mesh well with the solid box shape on the back. I realize its not baout looks, but seriously thats just ugly imo(I saw pics of one exactly like the LA RAs but for another department, still from Braughn though).

True, its not as good lookin as the Fords but at least they're new.