Guest HarrY89

ID Underscore infront of everything

Guest HarrY89

Hi Guys

I'm having a strange issue where I get the words "ID_" infront of every selectable menu. I've re-installed the game twice and havent modded it.

Can someone please help me with this?

A proper copy of the game will not have this issue, what usually causes this is that the files were modded by the user incorrectly, uninstallation+deletion of the folders that remain behind is required, uninstallation removes most things but sometimes it does not get everything, so manually browse to the install directory and remove the EM4 folder manually as well. Reinstall it, assuming it's a legit copy it should work correctly.

Guest HarrY89

A proper copy of the game will not have this issue, what usually causes this is that the files were modded by the user incorrectly, uninstallation+deletion of the folders that remain behind is required, uninstallation removes most things but sometimes it does not get everything, so manually browse to the install directory and remove the EM4 folder manually as well. Reinstall it, assuming it's a legit copy it should work correctly.

The Copy I purchased was from Steam. I've deleted the folder and re-downloaded the game again only to get the same problem. I've also installed no mods at all. This has been my issue from day 1 of purchase of the game.

Any Ideas?

Guest HarrY89

Emergency 3, Emergency 4 and 911:First Responders are not available on Steam at all...

Only Emergency 2012 can be purchased via Steam.

I've purchased Emergency 2012 on steam, sorry for not making it clearer. I've now done three re-installs and still have the exact same issue. Don't know whats causing it.

I mean comon guys, If I have to post reciepts of my purchase I will do, but so far i've been called a pirate and no-ones given me any help. What gives?

I mean comon guys, If I have to post reciepts of my purchase I will do, but so far i've been called a pirate and no-ones given me any help. What gives?

That's what you are saying none of above said so... Well you were posting in Emergency 4 Technical help, so what did you expect as a reaction on you saying you got it from steam?

Anyways:

Check what language you got in \Emergency 2012 Deluxe\Data\Lang

Then edit

\Emergency 2012 Deluxe\Data\Specs\Metastrings.xml

tot he right language. The only clue is that Metastrings.xml needs to be renamed to Metastrings.v3o, copied to an Emergency 4 mod, unlock through the editor and renamed back to metastrings.xml to be edited.