heyjoojoo

Searching coming up with zilch: Has anyone done an AMR ambulance?

I've searched several times for AMR and AMR Ambulance and it doesnt seem to come up with anything. I'm looking for a reskin or a redesign of one or both of the ambulances to the AMR ambulance. Is there a reskin that I can install JUST for the ambulances - I don't want to add or replace the other vehicles if I don't have to.

You can download Shane greens submod, then just replace the ambulance dds.

As said here, but to further, you'll need to copy over all the AMR files, then add the ambulance to your unit list as well as add it to the sirens file. This will give you two, the vintage and the regular ambulance.

As said here, but to further, you'll need to copy over all the AMR files, then add the ambulance to your unit list as well as add it to the sirens file. This will give you two, the vintage and the regular ambulance.

Eeesh. I thought I might have missed something. I copied all of the dds files over to the prototype files folder. But I apparently missed something else because no AMR ambulances appeared. I noticed that there are folders called 'Models', 'Prototypes' and 'Units'. I have replaced the dds files in the Prototypes folder but not sure what to do next...

You need to copy all the amr files from all three... Models, Prototypes and Units.

Then you need to look at the freeplaybase.xml files and add the following lines to it:

<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/01 LA Ambulance/amrambulance01.e4p" count="2" />

<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/01 LA Ambulance/amrambulance02.e4p" count="2" />

And now you need to add the following to LASiren.script

This part should go with the other ones that look like this near the top area.

const char PROTO_AMRAMBULANCE01[] = "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/01 LA Ambulance/amrambulance01.e4p";

const char PROTO_AMRAMBULANCE02[] = "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/01 LA Ambulance/amrambulance02.e4p";

Then you need to add the following near where the other ambulance sirens are, you'll need to find them yourself, but their named easy to figure out.

StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), PROTO_AMBULANCE02) == 0 ||

StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), PROTO_AMRAMBULANCE01) == 0 ||

Now, there are some errors doing it this method, and you may need to add in some of the commands you want to use. Also, the AMR ambulance will not go on patrol/return to the station/base after it drops off a patient, it will simply sit in the hospital ambulance bay. I've not figured out what causes this. :/

You need to copy all the amr files from all three... Models, Prototypes and Units.

Then you need to look at the freeplaybase.xml files and add the following lines to it:

<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/01 LA Ambulance/amrambulance01.e4p" count="2" />

<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/01 LA Ambulance/amrambulance02.e4p" count="2" />

And now you need to add the following to LASiren.script

This part should go with the other ones that look like this near the top area.

const char PROTO_AMRAMBULANCE01[] = "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/01 LA Ambulance/amrambulance01.e4p";

const char PROTO_AMRAMBULANCE02[] = "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/01 LA Ambulance/amrambulance02.e4p";

Then you need to add the following near where the other ambulance sirens are, you'll need to find them yourself, but their named easy to figure out.

StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), PROTO_AMBULANCE02) == 0 ||

StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), PROTO_AMRAMBULANCE01) == 0 ||

Now, there are some errors doing it this method, and you may need to add in some of the commands you want to use. Also, the AMR ambulance will not go on patrol/return to the station/base after it drops off a patient, it will simply sit in the hospital ambulance bay. I've not figured out what causes this. :/

Yikes, waaaay to much work for one unit. :s

Well that's how it is to get it, I'm sure someone here could do it for you, but it defeats the purpose, because A you'll never learn how to do something so ery basic for a game that you will want to mod, and B you'll learn to rely on us to do everything for you, which is bad in it's own sense.