siemens45

US Army Mod

Cool concept, but a lot of the stuff here doesn't really make sense for Iraq. Very few bases in Iraq have MPs that carry out regular law enforcement functions. On Forward Operating Bases (FOBs) military law is largely enforced by the NCOs of a unit. MPs deployed to Iraq are there for a combat support mission and to train the Iraqi police, not enforce local law.

A military base within the US is a lot like a normal city. Most forts in the US have all sorts of shops, residential housing areas, barracks which are very much like apartments, ect. These instillations are generally fully self sufficient when it comes to their emergency services. They have their own fire department, EMS, and police. For the most part firefighters on Army bases, especially the larger ones, are all civilians and use regular fire apparatus. These fire departments do a lot off-base as far as mutual aid goes. The Military Police on an instillation is also made up of both military and civilian personnel. The MPs work alongside civilian Department of the Army policemen and preform the same tasks. Most bases have concurrent jurisdiction which means they enforce military, federal, and state law on base.

I'm an MP who was deployed to Iraq for a year in as part of a mission to work with Iraqi Police. Now that I'm stationed back in the US I'm attached to the instillation's permanent garrison in the traffic enforcement/investigations section. If you have any questions I'd be happy to help, and could even provide pictures of some of the things we use if you want.

On Army instillations the firefighters are usually civilians. Even in Iraq on FOBs large enough to have a fire service, they're usually contracted civilian firemen from the US. The only military firemen I've seen were with the Air Force.

6491_127312475711_575300711_3006974_6137846_n.jpg

These guys in Iraq work exclusively on the camp. Anything outside the walls is the problem of the Iraqi authorities who will usually just let it burn =P

On Army instillations the firefighters are usually civilians. Even in Iraq on FOBs large enough to have a fire service, they're usually contracted civilian firemen from the US. The only military firemen I've seen were with the Air Force.

These guys in Iraq work exclusively on the camp. Anything outside the walls is the problem of the Iraqi authorities who will usually just let it burn =P

IMO what I was planning after the NY submod was an Iraq mod, all Iraq units, except police would consist of US troops, then I would edit the freeplay paramaters to increase bombs and riots etc :)

Yeah, that would take some serious tweaking. The Iraqi Police are more of a security force than law enforcement in the way that we as Americans/Europeans understand. As of mid-2009 there were major changes to the status of forces agreement between the US and Iraqi government. For the most part, US soldiers are prohibited from entering urban areas without the request of Iraqi officials. There are a few exceptions for logistics and training reasons. Military Police were still permitted to operate in the cities as we play a major role in supporting the Iraqi Police.

Following The Advice Of RiotGear (Who Can Hopefully Get Some Pics :rolleyes: ) im gonna make a little tweak to the next update , Dyson = Do we have anything on the models???

I cant get any models done, if i had the time it'd be going in to my submod atm, I can skin real quick though so if you borrow models for now :)

I have a lot of photos. If you want anything in particular I can go back and look through or at the very least provide some details. Here are a few IP related photos which may be of use.

9517_155089150711_575300711_3454392_3717526_n.jpg

Iraqi Police truck. Most of the vehicles use by the IPs are pickup trucks. Theres not really any standard to their motorpool, its pretty much just whatever they're able to get. Some of them have makeshift turrets for a machinegun on the back.

9517_164926050711_575300711_3580961_2109977_n.jpg

The paintjob and decals of IP vehicles isn't too consistent. They're usually white with blue front doors, though all white trucks are common too. Most are equipped with red&blue emergency lights but the Iraqi Police don't seem to understandthe point of them and will frequently drive anywhere with them on (even when they're not responding to some sort of emergency, on routine patrol, or going out to get lunch). Some have writing identifying them as police on the side, some have Iraqi flag insignia, some have racing stripes. The Iraqi National Police aren't the most professional organization in the world...

46901_96301145711_575300711_2470742_771088_n.jpg

Emergency Response Unit truck. The IP ERU is their equivalent to SWAT, and for the most part are relatively competent. Most of their trucks are painted in blue camo, have armor on the sides, and a turret to mount a 7.62 machinegun.

4763_117135535711_575300711_2820696_6415593_n.jpg

Patrolmen's uniforms are issued by the station at which they're hired. Because of this they don't all look exactly the same, but for the most part they wear a light blue shirt with dark blue pants. Many wear black berets, some have other headgear. When outside the station's walls they'll frequently wear body armor (if provided) and usually have AK47s with them. IPs are issued glocks as a sidearm, but thats pretty much all their duty gear consists of. Handcuffs usually have to be purchased with their own money, some have been issued stunguns but no actual tasers, and the use of chemical sprays like OC are in fact illegal for police and military forces in Iraq.

20242_324814195711_575300711_4640490_2038585_n.jpg

Iraqi police supervisors wear all dark blue uniforms. The men who are hired in these positions are usually well educated (some having held similar positions in saddam's government) and act as administrators. They don't usually leave the station as part of their duties, and when they do its either to meet with another officer or accompany US forces. They fill a role more similar to military officers than a police desk sergeant.

4200_103517685711_575300711_2584419_2870795_n.jpg

The ERU fill almost a strictly combat role. Wearing blue camo and tactical gear they behave more like soldiers than cops. When I was there they would rarely travel in less than 2-3 vehicle convoys. They generally try to mimic what they see US soldiers doing and incorporate it into their own techniques.

4463_109215340711_575300711_2685078_3142818_n.jpg

The Iraqi EOD isn't the same as US military EOD or the bomb squads police in western countries have. When a US convoy locates a roadside bomb we'll stop, cordon the area, and wait for EOD to arrive and destroy the device in place. When IPs find a roadside bomb they'll instruct people to drive around it. Once their EOD shows up they'll cut the wires, put the explosive in the back of their pick-up truck, and drop it off in the parking lot of the police station in a pile of all the other bombs they've found. =P

6331_139284605711_575300711_3213891_691653_n.jpg

The Iraqi Army runs checkpoints in a lot of the more rural areas and highways. Iraqi Police districts are generally poor at coordinating with each other- let alone with the Iraqi Army. IA and IP will frequently be all over eachother's patrol zones or share the same gaps. Its a gagglefuck. IA will roll around with anything from a convoy of trucks full of soldiers to a lone humvee with 2 operators. Seriously, they're a mess even by Iraqi standards. Their equipment consists of secondhand US military hardware and what was left of saddam's army.

Hope this gives you some ideas =]

I dont say woodland in the desert, I say the type of uniform and the equipament, I think these are ACU uniforms and I don´t like the color, there are desert BDU with a diferent types of brown color. Now US Army uses ACU, but I prefer BDU and I like the woodland camo (First I think that the mod will be about the National Guard so I said woodland camo)

I dont say woodland in the desert, I say the type of uniform and the equipament, I think these are ACU uniforms and I don´t like the color, there are desert BDU with a diferent types of brown color. Now US Army uses ACU, but I prefer BDU and I like the woodland camo (First I think that the mod will be about the National Guard so I said woodland camo)

The national guard used ACUs as well. The BDU has been completely phased out and is no longer an authorized uniform IAW AR 670-1. The BDU is still authorized for the air force to personnel who haven't been issued ABUs. Because both the BDU and ABU are made of heavier material though, air force personnel on FOBs in Iraq frequently wear the ACU as well. Honestly its not a bad uniform. Soldiers walking around like turtles with 60lbs of gear aren't going to be able to hide anywhere period. The idea of the camo in this case is to break up your silhouette, not so much disguise you. The ACU pattern is pretty good at this, especially in urban areas (which is where its needed the most).

6491_127312475711_575300711_3006974_6137846_n.jpg

Actually im Getting ready to enlist in the reserves as an Army Fire fighter. I was informed that I most likely i would get deployed. But yes I will agree that most bases are Civil Contract now

Actually im Getting ready to enlist in the reserves as an Army Fire fighter. I was informed that I most likely i would get deployed. But yes I will agree that most bases are Civil Contract now

I don't think active duty is even recruiting 12Ms right now. I can understand reserve and guard doing so, but active is almost all contracted in the states now as well as every FOB I've seen. There was an article a little while ago about how even the USAF firefighters in BIAP were handing over stuff to the Iraqis.

Yea, I was informed today (after this post) that even plan is to mainly go civil contract. My Contract is already up to atleast that the job imma get, or I should say Training. Anyway to be honest the only reason I am enlisting is so i Can get my ARFF

Haha, yeah. Only reason I enlisted was because NY departments waive a college degree for active military service.

Also I'm getting a lot of sweet accident reconstruction certifications out of this XP

Nice pictures, has there been any progress on this mod? I might be able to do some models for you if you would like help.

reece.c , i think Dyson is concentrating on his NY submod (which will be out soon as tested i hear?) what is okay , so if you could do some basic reskins of some models in LA mod that would be great :hallo: