Guest paul_grimtooth

barricaded suspect

Guest paul_grimtooth

ok, in freeplay (endless) i got a mission for a barricaded suspect. i called for a getaway car and while i was busy putting the spike strips around the car the suspect came out and began shooting my swat officer. i sent my swat oficer in the car immideatly and drove the car out of range. the suspect got in the car and drove away. i pursuited him and the getaway stopped... and thats the point... it doesnt move i cant shoot it, the suspect will not get out (i wouldnt either if i was him) is this bug or am i doing something wrong?

srry for bad english im dutch :P

Well first... Keep your units away from them when they're heading to the car. *I think* you need a helicopter to follow them... Or simply use the follow/chase command for the police cars. You should really use 2 cars for this as it sometimes gets glitches and the second car can reset the actual follow. Now, I've not actually used the spike-strip... I normally shoot the suspect with a sniper when he walks out of the house. >_> Save some time.

The best way to do it is to not give them a getaway car but tor raid the building. You can do it with two LAPD officers but it can get a bit hairy. I normally use an LAPD SUV with a scout to look in the building, two SWAT officers with shields that stand around the suspect to stop him shooting and a SWAT officer with flashbang who, once he's thrown the grenade, arrests the suspect.

The OC-D

Theres no need for a second swat officer w/ shield. Just send one with the shield and the villain will be focused on shooting him. You can even turn your back to the suspect and still not take damage. In missions you will but not freeplay. Then flash bang with a second swat and your done. Although some times, atleast on w00ds map, I find the suspect has the gun pointed at the victim so raids arent a good idea.

ok, in freeplay (endless) i got a mission for a barricaded suspect. i called for a getaway car and while i was busy putting the spike strips around the car the suspect came out and began shooting my swat officer. i sent my swat oficer in the car immideatly and drove the car out of range. the suspect got in the car and drove away. i pursuited him and the getaway stopped... and thats the point... it doesnt move i cant shoot it, the suspect will not get out (i wouldnt either if i was him) is this bug or am i doing something wrong?

srry for bad english im dutch :P

Wel... I think this isnt a bug... I have noticed that when the PD´s car get on the back of the suspect´s car is when it comes out of it an begin shooting or sometimes running to scape.

I have to admit I tend to deal with these with minimal units now.

Previously I used to like doing these missions but since its always 1 of 3 places if you play the game a lot they do get a bit repetitive.

Whereas before I used to call all available police units. Get a Slicktop with a few SWATs as well and do a propper raid of the building. I found out that a single officer in a single car can actually resolve the whole thing by himself ...

Its just a simple case of tell him to rush the suspect. Yes he does sometimes get a shot off and yes the resulting fight does take the officer down to about 2/3 HP. But the suspect always looses and nobody ever gets badly injured.

I suppose something to consider for the next version or patch would be to do some in worse places (Places where a lot of people could get hurt if something goes wrong) and/or multiple suspects with much bigger guns.