jani.hiltunen

Lappeenranta City Mod (I)

Hoi. I saw that you're doing a police helicopter, which is in-progress tho. I assume that it's gonna be Finnish Border Guard's one, because, as everyone knows, Finnish police doesn't have their own chopper :) Right?

Hi, first of all thank you for comments again :) And to valmiustila, no, it is a police helicopter. This is a fictive mod.

I may do also a Border Guard's helicopter, but havent decided it yet.

Sooooo nice! :D This mod is going to be awesome! And your progress is fast, rally fast! :)

Thanks :) Fast progress might depend to that most of the units have been in progress forever and lately they just have been completed... But i have though had a little extra time to make this mod in the past few weeks too.

I am trying to complete all the models by the end of march. After that scripting and finishing... :)

Are you planning on making Sea-rescue (fireimages.net, you will have to log in to view the image) and "bombsquad"(fireimages.net)? I don't know what kind of units you have up there in Lappeenranta, but here in Helsinki we use TePo's white WV transporter in case of bomb threats (last time it was used was in a just-in-case-of situation when 8 foreign presidents were here, it was hanging around nearby to the meetings). Link to a Finnish article about these units: poliisi.fi.

And lastly a question about if you are making the tech units? Maybe you could just put in a white van with yellow/orange lightbar.

Thank you for the comments :)

Bombsquad vehicle is already in progress (Ford Transit). Not going to make sea-rescue, cause too little water in the map for bigger marine units. TEC units will be made, but havent yet started. At least a tow car and engineer vehicle will be made.