brandanl

Emergency 4 Settings Application

15 members have voted

1. 1. Continue on with the process?

Hey,

Wondering if you people would like a settings application that does all the work for you so you constantly don't have to edit files. This gets annoying after awhile why not make it easier.

Setup = 100% Complete

Main = 20% Complete

Freeplay Settings (Normal) = 0%

Freeplay Settings (Mod) = 0%

Chat = 100%

This is a alpha version of the application.

EM4%20-%20Setup.png

EM4%20-%20Main.png

Continue work?

Ideas/Suggestions?

I wont be using it myself, but its a great idea. I know its alpha so I dont want to say to much just yet, but it seems like a lot of unneeded options there like save/mod path etc. Show foot prints? Is that even possible in EM4? I like the idea but what about starting off with something perhaps a bit more practical like being able to adjust the freeplay params like how often a certain call happens, enable disable certain calls, etc. Keep up the good work. This may extent out my my realm of programming abilities but feel free to drop me a pm if you need some help here and there.

Addon:

Cannot edit posts on iPhone

There will also be a repair engine that scans all the files to make sure they're all unedited and if it's detected it tells the users the corrupt missing or edited files and it will restore them online. This will exclude the freeplay settings and em4 settings those must be backed up by the backup tool now in the app also. Along with my matchmaker idea http://firstresponders.brandanlasley.com for a preview of what it's going to be like not exact it the power of irc and em4 launch commands to launch players from desktop to ingame without opening the game.

Of course it can be illegal but there is no need to take action agenst it. It's repairing bad files in the game if anything it's helping them with keeping support calls down and refunds. Along with having security you need to have the game installed to even get past setup. Just an idea through. Even if so the developers just need to ask and the service already has a kill switch in it.

Yes but EMP Staff could lock the thread and refuse to allow the project to be uploaded here if they feel it posses a risk, and beyond that, it really doesnt matter if you think it deserves legal action or not. Thats like saying I can go blow up a car but not go to jail/prison because I dont think I should. The legal system doesnt work that way or it would be chaos. I really have to suggest that it is in your best interest to forget the scanner and work on the rest of the project. Besides I have never heard of any ones game files getting screwed up besides there config and theres back up copies in the download center here. Not to mention you have what seems to be a great project on your hands, so I wish you the best of luck with it, and like I said before Im glad to help if you have any questions.